Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Don't drink and drive kids:

Spun off the road and ran into a telephone pole at 20-30mph. Pole snapped in half, thank god the wires didn't fall on me. I was fine, car is totaled:(

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
You are supposed to GENTLY put the front bumper against the pole, then you floor it! You want the smoke to come from the tires, not from under the hood.

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
One time I devastated the "Cart Corral" at work (Don't know the actual name, but that is what I am told it is called. It's the thing in the middle of the parking lot where you put the trolleys in). It was after store hours and every present employee got to witness that happens when a Ford Expedition takes on a trolley collection bin. As predicted, there was not even a scratch on the Expedition, but it took the assistance of another Ford to mold the remains back into something semi-usable. I imagine by morning, the lackeys who are tasked with collecting carts never knew the difference. This was done intentionally and there was no damage to any vehicle in the process, but it has to be the worst thing I have ever done unless you count all the things that have gone bad on my Hearse and had to be replaced. I didn't really DO those things, I was just the lucky guy who got to have them fail on myself from age and wear. Ripping the hood ornament off of a douchebag's German-Egg-Car when he is stalking your sister and violating a restraining order on your property all at once doesn't count, right?

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,737 Posts
You are supposed to GENTLY put the front bumper against the pole, then you floor it! You want the smoke to come from the tires, not from under the hood.
:lol: POTD.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,737 Posts
That guy is the ultimate douche. I've seen that video, it made me LOL.

Looks like he's saying "bye-bye" to a lot more than $600. :p

But really, a burnt clutch and burnt rubber have GOT to smell different... and what about his douche friend with the camera? Why didn't he say anything?

·
Registered
2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT
5,607 Posts
But really, a burnt clutch and burnt rubber have GOT to smell different... and what about his douche friend with the camera? Why didn't he say anything?
They do, and I'm wondering that same thing. Something tells me the man with the camera wasn't his friend :rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,737 Posts
Probably not. :p

I've never smelled a burnt clutch before, but still. One would think something was wrong - way wrong. Even the driver. :lol:

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Hehehe! That's some funny shit.

When you're going to drop the clutch, it's always best to use someone elses car.

I had the pleasure of doing lots of 8,500RPM clutch drops in the then new 1993 RX7 Twin Turbo. You just revved it up until the RPM alarm went off then side stepped the clutch.

·
Registered
Orange And Purple Lights.
6,632 Posts
The way I figure it, like 99% of Corvette owners, the driver does not know ANYTHING about cars whatsoever. He could have split fuel lines catching fire, had every warning on his dashboard light up like a Christmas tree and still wouldn't have ever noticed anything was wrong. The man filming either didn't care or was just as lacking on basic knowledge of how mechanics work.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
I would have run away from that Vette screaming like a girl! IT'S GONNA BLOW!

LOL

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
I hope I haven't told this story before, here at the Forums, but as it is from a time long, long ago and involves a Cadillac I will tell this tale of unintentional desicration!

For those who may not know, I was fortunate to have a 1962 Cadillac convertible (in 1967)during my senior year at the University of Wisconsin (Madison). I bought this car from an uncle after my 1958 Jaguar XK 150 drophead coupe was totalled by a drunk driver on my way from California back to Madison, WI for my senior year. It was white with white and maroon leather upholstery (not vinyl) and had a black fabric top. The car was in very nice condition and I had improved it further by fully detailing at my uncle's home before completing the trip to Madison.

Needless to say, this car was quite a fun thing to have and I really enjoyed taking my friends for top down Fall rides in the lovelly countryside around the campus. As Fall turned to Winter we also enjoyed doing top down sleigh rides as the snow began to fall and things turned really cold. The Cad's massive HVAC system, not mention the warm co-eds, kept things nice and cozy during these outings.

During the first semester of the year I made friends with a lot of kids from Wisconsin (being a "out of state" student myself I was usually friends with other students from places other than Wisconsin). At anyrate it turned out that a young couple who had become friends were getting married following the finnish of the semester and they invited me to be a guest at their wedding. I was more than happy to attend because the couple was of Polish ancestry and I had never been to a Polish wedding before. This couple ask if I could drive them in the Cadillac from the church to VFW Hall (which was out in the country) and of course I was more than happy to perform this service for these friends. The morning of the wedding I got the car washed and it looked like a million bucks. I drove to the church and parked in an appropriate place to pick up the bride and groom after the ceremony. When the marriage had taken place bride and groom proceeded out the from doors of the church and got in the back seat of the convertible, whose top was up because it was very cold and it had begun to snow.

The trip out into the countryside was uneventful and we arrived at the VFW Hall in good shape and the new couple were delivered without mishap. But my luck was about to change. This was quite a large wedding and many guests were expected for the reception. The fellows who were directing the parking of the cars waved me into a "special" parking space. As I pulled forward onto this snow covered place of honor the ground gave way under the front of Cadillac plunging it through what had been a wood covered cess pool. Yup their it was fins to the sky with its' front wheels, bumper and grill fully involved with contents of the primitive ceptic tank. While the ground around this pit was frozen the contents of the pit were not. I had to call a local wrecker to hoist my car out of the muck. Needless to say the car was really a sight with its' nearly acqired front end treatment. Fortunately, the car was undamaged from the event and I was able to drive it home. Some where I have pictures of my white Cadillac convertible with a brown snoot!

The couple had plans to depart from the reception in a car of their own, so this was not a problem. When my friends ask me how was the party, I ahd to reply I had had a literally shitty time! But in fact had a great time getting my fill of kolbasa and learning how to do the polka!

I did do great damage to cars (Land Rovers) while in Africa, colliding with camels and being ambushed by a troop of baboons. But I don't consider those incidents to be my inflicting damage on the cars ... and they weren't mine anyway (they ere yours dear taxpayer!).

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Oh shit dude, when did that happen?
About a month ago. Luckily I still have my drivers license and got it dropped down to wreckless driving. Still gotta serve two days in the slammer next week and its costing me a LOT of $$$.:banghead:

·
Registered
19,737 Posts
Wait wait wait, that's the Camaro you just bought?!

·
Registered
19,737 Posts
I think you need to stay out of a Camaro for awhile. <_<

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
I hope I haven't told this story before, here at the Forums, but as it is from a time long, long ago and involves a Cadillac I will tell this tale of unintentional desicration!

For those who may not know, I was fortunate to have a 1962 Cadillac convertible...

the ground gave way under the front of Cadillac plunging it through what had been a wood covered cess pool. Yup their it was fins to the sky with its' front wheels, bumper and grill fully involved with contents of the primitive ceptic tank.
Ahhh, a Poop de Ville.

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,847 Posts
Don't drink and drive kids:

Spun off the road and ran into a telephone pole at 20-30mph. Pole snapped in half, thank god the wires didn't fall on me. I was fine, car is totaled:(
wow wow wow... that sucks... and that is strange for me that a 20-30 mph accident could result in so much damage. Could you apply brakes before collision or not?

41 - 60 of 86 Posts