Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I thought long and hard about this, and the one that I think bears repeating is. When I was in college, I worked for Tousley Ford in White Bear Lake MN. I was a parts delivery driver. I drove a series of 97-04 (Graduated college in 04) F-150 4X2 XL V6 reg. cab Long beds with wooden racks. Well one day I was having trouble finding a hood out in the warehouse so I pulled my pickup up to the front of the parts depot to go in and seek help from a guy that knew the warehouse like the backside of his hand. I go inside and the gentleman is busy on the computer and said it would be a few minutes, so I sit down and BS with him while I am waiting. About 10 minutes later I hear someone yell, “JOHN” and run for the front door. I get up and wander to the front assuming my pickup is in someone’s way and needs to be moved. When I get out there I notice my pickup is missing. I thought “did someone steal it?” Well my suspicions were quelled when I noticed several people running towards the woods at the end of the lot. Apparently I left the pickup in neutral (yes it was an automatic) and eventually it decided to start to roll. It rolled all the way across the parking lot, and turned down the exit ramp towards the highway, then it hit the curb and the wheel went immediately the right lock. Then it jumped the curb crossed the grass, and went down a big hill into the woods. It travelled through the woods about 100’ somehow missing every tree. I was expecting the worst, but somehow it survived with only a few scratches from the tree branches. I went and got out Bronco push truck which had chains on the back, hooked it up and pulled the pickup out. I was sure I was going to get fired but instead my boss just laughed. He couldn’t figure out how it happened. To this day I can’t either. Who leaves an automatic pickup in neutral.
maybe it was trying to become a auto stick giggle

·
Registered
300 SRT8, 392 cubic inches of tire smoking power!
8,189 Posts
I was a lot boy for an exotic rent a car agency and had full privileges to use any car in the fleet anytime I wanted (when I was 19!). AND I NEVER CAKED A CAR WITH FROG GUTS! Here I thought I tried everything in a rental.

I drove a '79 SDV in a Demolition Derby.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
How about flooring it in reverse and dropping it in drive without taking your foot off the gas? Is that bad?

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Rolled a rent a car.

Reactions: CadillacLuke24

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
Dad must've refused to buy a certain pair of shoes for RT.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
I was a lot boy for an exotic rent a car agency and had full privileges to use any car in the fleet anytime I wanted (when I was 19!). AND I NEVER CAKED A CAR WITH FROG GUTS! Here I thought tried everything in a rental.

I drove a '79 SDV in a Demolition Derby.
It was awesome. When you looked under the car you could see slime dripping on to the pavement. It dangled from the undercarriage like snot. Recirculation mode had to stay on the whole time or the interior would be filled with the stench of dead amphibians.

·
Registered
1996 Eldorado
2,814 Posts
I just skipped to channel 0 + so forget it. The crown vic postion have never been as good as this. The police get a version that is trick shit.From fuel dilivery to smacking a curb and not loosing it.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
It was awesome. When you looked under the car you could see slime dripping on to the pavement. It dangled from the undercarriage like snot. Recirculation mode had to stay on the whole time or the interior would be filled with the stench of dead amphibians.
:bows:...

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,737 Posts
lol Mythbusters FTW! I really want to try the duct taping a car to a pole myth... I think it'd take a lot more than 8 rolls to hold the wagon down.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
lol Mythbusters FTW! I really want to try the duct taping a car to a pole myth... I think it'd take a lot more than 8 rolls to hold the wagon down.
i never saW THAT ONE BEFORE

bbut i really wana try the exploding porto potty toilet they did that could be awesome if doen right lol

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,737 Posts
Yeah, the Duct Tape Special #2. They use 8 rolls of duct tape to tape a car to a concrete pole and floor it, all it does is sit there spinning its wheels. It's crazy.

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
It's much easier to put the front bumper against a pole and floor it.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts