Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Canadian CTS AWD Premium Wagon
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right behind the shifter, there is a thumb-sized little cover. It sits between the cupholders and the shifter. What is it covering? I don't want to pry up on it and break it, but it would be a perfect location for a bass dial if it's nothing...

I tried searching, but couldn't find an answer.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,262 Posts
Silversport nailed it. I have an electronic parking brake on my V and that is the on/off button. My '10 CTS has the fake button like yours.

Reactions: silversport

·
Registered
2012 Silver Perf Coupe awd ; 2013 Silver Premium Coupe- awd: currently 2012 Premium Coupe -awd
310 Posts
Both my '12 Performance and my '13 Premium have/had the brake button.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,376 Posts
For those equipped with the electric parking brake, it's the on/off switch. For the rest, it's there, just begging to be turned into something useful. I recall an older thread where the OP turned it into a push button start for the car. His work was very nicely done and looked factory.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Coupe 3.6 RWD Perfomance Pkg, TriCoat White Diamond
1,771 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
For those equipped with the electric parking brake, it's the on/off switch. For the rest, it's there, just begging to be turned into something useful. I recall an older thread where the OP turned it into a push button start for the car. His work was very nicely done and looked factory.
I be afraid of sitting my coffee cup on it! won't that turn off the car?:confused:

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,376 Posts
I be afraid of sitting my coffee cup on it! won't that turn off the car?:confused:
Put your coffee mug on it while you're driving. I think you'll have more spillage than you will shut off the car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I be afraid of sitting my coffee cup on it! won't that turn off the car?
[/QUOTE]

Funny... no problem of that tho. Switch pulls up to activate. And if I drive away with it on, it deactivates.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I be afraid of sitting my coffee cup on it! won't that turn off the car?
Funny... no problem of that tho. Switch pulls up to activate. And if I drive away with it on, it deactivates.[/QUOTE]

Does it return down as a default position?

Ps. (hit the "reply with quote" selection in the lower right side of the thread, scroll down under the sentence you wish to comment, select "Post Quick Reply")

PSS.:welcome:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts