Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When you hear the word "Cadillac" what is the first car that comes to mind?

For me, It's the 86-92 Brougham just like this:

this one is even better because its triple black w/ wire wheel covers!

I chose the Brougham as the Quintessential Caddy because I always thought of Cadillac as "grandpa's car" and while my grandpa didnt own caddys, he owned Buicks. The first car I remember him in was the '83 Electra sedan he had, and the '83 Electras and the Broughams look alike. And I always thought Cadillacs should be HUGE, boxy (conservative designs) they should have tons of chrome, and lots of wood (fake or not) in the interior, plush leather seats, Rear Wheel Drive, and they should have wire rims, and the best color for Cadillac is black IMO.

Here's an '83 Electra sedan, I think my grandma's was the same color

·
Registered
'02 Eldorado; '86 Porsche 911 'Vert; '07 Ford Escape Limited
1,157 Posts
The one that comes to mind is a 1959 Pink Cadillac Eldorado just like Elvis!

·
Banned
1976 Eldorado project
1,631 Posts
The one that comes to mind for me is the '76 Eldorado...probably because I own one and spend every Saturday working on it.

·
Banned
1,483 Posts
When I think Cadillac, I picture the Cadillac hood ornament on a late 70s/early 80s Deville. Then I look out the window and see my '80 Diesel Eldo and realize I have the furthest thing from the "quintissential" Cadillac there is...;)

·
Registered
JimmyH
12,029 Posts
~The Cadillac of Cadillacs!~
The Cadillac that stands out among other Cadillacs is the Fleetwood... No automobile has so captured the admiration of luxury car buyers as the magnificent Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham. Luxurious on the grand Cadillac scale, outstanding, even among Cadillacs.
Cadillac Advertisement

to me always has been, always will be.

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm pretty sure Bruce Springsteen's song "Pink Cadillac" is making reference to the '59's

·
Registered
34,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hey Sandy and Ralph,

How can I get a pic of my car to be in every post I write?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts