Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
05 Redline CTS-V
8,439 Posts
i;ve seen much more than 800HP on single blower/turbo combo's

the point of a twin turbo system is to put less load on each compressor, you don't have to spin them as fast to make the same boost ... more efficiency

you can't make as much power as a big single, but you can have more area under the power curve making the car more useful as a daily driver or a street car

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
800+ is too damn much for the street anyways. I'll never understand why people would want to drive a car with that much power. Hell, 4th gear would be challenging to keep the power down at times... :thepan:

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
800+ is too damn much for the street anyways. I'll never understand why people would want to drive a car with that much power. Hell, 4th gear would be challenging to keep the power down at times... :thepan:
Agree with you to an extent Luna, as ultra-high HP cannot be exhibited practically on the street, safely is an even tougher issue. Those that go overboard have a hard time justifying the expenses due to very limited instances in which they can go balls out-then again, some have so much cash they do not have to justify it to anyone, including themselves. Here is a link for a Project C6 and the end product is phenomenal, and admirable, as it appears the owner did all the work himself, in his own garage:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1725023

·
Registered
2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V
3,570 Posts
I was at A&A last Friday and was chatting with a guy that was 800+ on his Vette. When I was through chatting with him, I really felt the times where he could enjoy that much power were very limited, to say nothing about the fact that his supercharger was installed with the biggest blow-off valve they could find---apparently, the guy loves that sound...like a leaf-blower or something... :confused:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts