1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a simple quick easy question.

What the heck is the factory timing for a 93 Eldorado with a 4.9

Is it set the same way as my Fiero.

Short A and B from the ALDL interface, hook timing light to #1, I assume. (Fiero you hook it to 2 different cylinders and average the 2)

It dawned on me, I have never touched the timing on the motor. It was pulled from the donor Caddy, re-wired, new cap and rotor installed, motor was put in my car and fired up. I never touched the dist shaft, so I never bothered to check it.

I have a custom fuel and timing map programed in, but it is written for whatever the OEM setup is.

·
Registered
1995 FWB 124,*** miles
2,214 Posts
You described the correct procedure. Factory set timing is 10. To use regular you need 6. 8 is fine for 89 octane.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I usually run 94 with it. (Am in Canada and our premium is 94oct) The lowest grade I put in it is 90oct. I was told with the chip I have I need to run premium all the time.

Thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
1995 FWB 124,*** miles
2,214 Posts
Capt Fiero said:
I usually run 94 with it. (Am in Canada and our premium is 94oct) The lowest grade I put in it is 90oct. I was told with the chip I have I need to run premium all the time.
Thanks for the heads up.
Believe me you will find no difference in performace if you use regular 87 or whatever lower than premium. Just make sure your timing is corrected. i used only 93 for years then switched to 89 with timing at 8 anf get excellent power and fuel economy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts