Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between 1999 deville Sedan, d'Elegance, and Concours??

Thanks to everyone that help me on answering my questions.

LM

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
The Sedan DeVille is just the regular sedan. It has the SLS engine, and is the same trim level car as the Deville is now. The d'Elegance is the more luxurious version, with more things standard, also has the SLS engine. Its the same trim level as the DHS. And the Concours is the sporty one, with the STS engine, some other differences. This car is the same trim level car as the DTS.

·
Registered
204 Posts
laurentkm2 said:
What is the difference between 1999 deville Sedan, d'Elegance, and Concours??
This is what I would do in this case:

Go to www.edmunds.com
Click on USED research, reviews and ratings.
Click on Cadillac
Click on 1999
Click on 1999 Cadillac DeVille
Click on 4 Dr STD Sedan
Click on Standard Features
Note the list of features
Use the BACK button on your browser
Click on Specifications

Repeat the last 5 steps with the Concours and D'Elegance

Isn't that cool? :coolgleam

·
Registered
21 Posts
edmunds wasn't much help because everything on the D'Elegance is available on the base model I know the Concours has analog gauges and the other two have digital. is there something that really sets the D'Elegance apart?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
This thread is ancient.

Base Deville has the LD8/3.11:1 engine/trans. Standard soft ride (passive) suspensions with FE1. 225-60R16 S-rated tires.

D'Elegance package includes gold emblems and two-tone side moldings. Also possibly chrome rims and rear passenger illuminated mirrors. Same engine/trans (LD8/3.11:1) as Base but has more standard luxury features.

Concours is what they call DTS for 2000-05 models. Different engine and trans (L37/3.71:1). It has analog cluster, center console, floor shifter and bucket seats, grille emblem and fog lights. Also has active CVRSS(F45)/FE3 setup. Factory tires are at least H rated.

1999 was a special year for Devilles - it was the year that the model gets it's 50-year-old badge. There are around 2,000 50-year anniversary special edition Devilles for this year, and they basically have D'Elegance package with special badging on them and special seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
maeng9981