Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... This is not really that important and really didn't change my life that much but I just gotta ask why? In 2002 the trucks came out in the new body style with the only options being AWD with the 6.0, Sunroof, and white diamond paint. I got mine after the 2003's came out so I was able to get the "stock" chrome 17's thrown in, and I have the 6.0 with the sunroof and Green Envy paint (which I love due to the attention and lack of lades in that color.)

Ok my point... In 2003 the option load increased... sunroof, chromes, awd, diamond paint, navigation, rear DVD...

Now what really gets me is... GM made it unavailable to get the DVD player and the sunroof. WHY??? OK so 2004 rolls around and they make it so you can get both. Now Tahoes, and Yukons, we're all in the same boat... So if you wanted both before you'd have to get the sunroof factory, and then add the DVD (at least I think that would be the cheapest way.)

I also don't see why GM ever changed the center armest after 02 I love the flip up feature... I use that daily.

I hope in 2007 they make the shifter on the floor... However from the Denali Pics, and Tahoe pics, it looks like it may stay on the column. I think that is a mistake. I also hope the style is as much of a "culture shock" as the 2002 was... Since the 07 Denali looks like all our current lades (use you imagination) the roof rack, and chrome accents... I hope this Escalade coming up is outta this world, because I've been waiting till 2007 to trade in for a new one (all tricked out with the caddy 22's that are supposed to be an option).

Gotta love Escalades... Besides what ride gets you more attention and ass than an Escalade? ? ?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Its not out of this world really. The exterior looks like an expedition with a different front end. the inside looks like a passat. Total disappointment. But hey, thats just my opinion. All the beefiness is gone and now its a little sissy truck.

And I agree, every year options are different, they even take options off for a year and bring them back, why? Who knows.

As for the shifter, I like the shifter on the column on SUV and big trucks. On cars a floor shifter is better for me.

·
Registered
Escalade EXT
2,294 Posts
mikeee said:
Its not out of this world really. The exterior looks like an expedition with a different front end. the inside looks like a passat. Total disappointment. But hey, thats just my opinion. All the beefiness is gone and now its a little sissy truck.
From looking at the pics, I agree with you 100%

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had an 02 EXT and traded it in on a 05 I am also dissapointed with the new center console. also the lack of lighting on the 05, and the memory recall is not key/RKE fob controled. the salesman could not believe it eather we tryed 3 other escalades on the lot before he said that the option must have been removed and they wonder why there are problems with the US auto market

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT (Sold)
260 Posts
I'm bitter my 02 doesn't have HID's, the option for navigation, adjustable pedals, turn signals on the mirrors, etc. :)

·
See you in the funny papers
04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(
26,239 Posts
beemix said:
Hi!
Anyone can show me real picture of 2007 Escalade? No a photoshop picture or spy photos.
Sorry, but no. The guy who snuck the rear 1/4 pic on his camera phone is in a whole mess of pain right now for that. There's a huge release party on Nov. 9th on Hollywood. The next day, the net will be flooded with pics of celebrities and Escalades together.

·
Registered
2002 Escalade, 2004 Cts-V, 2006 Hummer H3
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tony Orlando said:
There's a huge release party on Nov. 9th on Hollywood. The next day, the net will be flooded with pics of celebrities and Escalades together.
We're you here about that... I googled it and couldn't find anything. Did Cadillac move up the release date from the 2006 Detroit Auto Show?

·
Registered
CERTIFIED CADDY TECH
71 Posts
the remote/rke recall memory feature was removed because of a lawsuit----seems some lady got crushed against the steering wheel when she accidentally hit a button. lawsuits always ruin it for everybody.

Supercrew632

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whats about pictures which have Cadillac dealers? IMHO GM good protect photos of new Escalade. I hope that III gen of Escalade will be better than II gen, but it's hard to improve something that's ideal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts