Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

finally getting to install the whole lowering package with Eibach + FE-4's and WW spacers. :thumbsup:

But...

what is the color of the FE-4 stickers? I know I saw it mentioned before, but I cannot find it. I bought the shock set from Kali_cts03 a while back, but I am not sure if these are FE-4's since I cannot find the valve for the air leveling. :thepan:

any other ways I can recognise FE-4's? :confused:

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
Don't all the packages use Novimat shocks ? No air!

Just for reference these are the FE5's

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so how does it level itself?

Anyway, I guess I got the correct ones then ;)

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
well you will know if they are self levelling by just pushing on the rear ones, you will barely be able to budge them and they will spring back super fast, not like a slow squishy motion like the non load leveling ones, they are also way fatter. but that could also mean they are fe3's. i know the fe3 sticker is yellow and green.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, thank you all for your fast feedback!

·
Registered
2014 ATS Performance 2013 SRX Premium
1,045 Posts
The basis for developing the Nivomat was the idea of an ride-height control system that automatically adjusts a car to its ideal ride-height without requiring an external energy source. Such an automatic self-levelling suspension system should be easy mounted and retrofittable.

Starting with this idea, ZF Sachs developed the Nivomat. The Nivomat is a unique, fully automatic self-leveling suspension system. All elements for controlling right-height, such as pump, oil reservoir, high-pressure chamber, and height sensor, are combined into a small, compact unit.

The Nivomat functions fully automatically. In the vehicle, the Nivomat takes on the functions of a load-sensitive spring and a shock absorber.

Depending on road conditions, the fully loaded vehicle attains its ideal height after only a few hundred meters. As soon as the vehicle begins to move, the increasing power of the Nivomat (which comes from increased pressure) is used to elevate the vehicle body to a constant level.

Advantages:
  • Driving comfort and safety for all load conditions
  • Provides constand ride frequence through loading range
  • Improves roll stiffness at higher loading conditions
  • Fully automatic compact device
  • Easy to install and retrofit
  • No hydraulic or electric cables
  • Full suspension travel in compression and rebound paths
  • Constant vehicle height, constant ground clearance
  • Optimum suspension operating range reduce wear on bearings and tires
  • Maintenance-free
  • Load-sensitive damping
  • Small installation space
  • Cost-effective solution

·
Registered
06 CTS-V
2,497 Posts
sorry i think i was mistaken about the fe3's having a green stripe.
FE3's have a blue stripe. I believe FE1's have green. FE4's have purple, and FG2's (these are both CTS-V self leveling nivomat shocks) have purple and black stripes.

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
They're hydraulically self leveling, and as they rise and fall, pump up to a predetermined level.

What Tommy said: FE3's have a blue stripe. FE4's have a pinkish purple stripe, FG2's (Super stiff V shocks) are pinkish purple with a black dashed line. I've never actually seen the FE1's but I think they have a green stripe. I don't know what color FE2 sport shocks are, but FE1 and FE2's are NOT load leveling nivomats. FE2's rears have similar rates to the FE3's though, and the fronts are identical.

·
Registered
1970 Eldorado.
4,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The basis for developing the Nivomat was the idea of an ride-height control system that automatically adjusts a car to its ideal ride-height without requiring an external energy source. Such an automatic self-levelling suspension system should be easy mounted and retrofittable.

Starting with this idea, ZF Sachs developed the Nivomat. The Nivomat is a unique, fully automatic self-leveling suspension system. All elements for controlling right-height, such as pump, oil reservoir, high-pressure chamber, and height sensor, are combined into a small, compact unit.

The Nivomat functions fully automatically. In the vehicle, the Nivomat takes on the functions of a load-sensitive spring and a shock absorber.

Depending on road conditions, the fully loaded vehicle attains its ideal height after only a few hundred meters. As soon as the vehicle begins to move, the increasing power of the Nivomat (which comes from increased pressure) is used to elevate the vehicle body to a constant level.

Advantages:
  • Driving comfort and safety for all load conditions
  • Provides constand ride frequence through loading range
  • Improves roll stiffness at higher loading conditions
  • Fully automatic compact device
  • Easy to install and retrofit
  • No hydraulic or electric cables
  • Full suspension travel in compression and rebound paths
  • Constant vehicle height, constant ground clearance
  • Optimum suspension operating range reduce wear on bearings and tires
  • Maintenance-free
  • Load-sensitive damping
  • Small installation space
  • Cost-effective solution
this absolutely answered my question! Many thanks!
I have the purple sticker, so they are indeed FE4's. I am now in Toulouse again and I left my car at the workshop. They still need to find out the source of the vibration in my steering wheel as it was not the 20" rims. The rims they gave me as the 20"'s were sent back to Irmscher caused the same vibration.
Meanwhile they will install the whole Eibach set with the modified FE4's on their expense as a compensation to my inconvenience with my CTS. How nice!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts