Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 CTSV Auto
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When applying brakes at 60 MPH I feel the brakes pulsating.
It happen once before and Cadillac replaced the discs under warranty.
Now with my warranty over what is reasonably priced setup mainly for street use?

·
Registered
CTS-V (Black 2014), CTS-V (Red obsession 2014)
776 Posts
You could probably just have your existing rotors re-surfaced (sounds like they're possibly warped). If you go new, I like the OEM rotors and pads for the street. I buy them from Luke at Lindsay though! His prices are very very fair, and his customer service is excellent.

·
Registered
11 Black Diamond Edition CTS-V Coupe, 12 SRX, 18 Ridgeline RTL-E
182 Posts
If you change pads, I suggest EBC Redstuff pads. They create far less dust than do the OEM pads. I don't notice any difference in braking. However, I only drive on the street - no track braking.

It sure is nice to not have to clean the wheels and calipers so often.

·
Registered
2010 CTS-V Sedan
567 Posts
Porter fields are good even though their customer service sucks ass. Best I have found so far. Street only, the R4S, street/track, the R4. The 2-piece OEM rotors are as good as it gets. Slot 'em if you like. (I do).

·
Registered
Had 2009 V, Red/Blk 2016 Now
4,186 Posts
Centric rotors, $120? each shipped and a two year warranty. Wagner Perfect Stop SEMI-METALLIC front pads, $45 a set. I use these on tracks and they are clean, last long, and wear very well. I have yet to find anything else even close in price/value.

·
Registered
2009 CTSV Auto
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thank you all for your suggestions.

The Cadillac dealer at first resurfaced the factory disks and it only worked for one day.
When I brought it back they replaced the disks at 14.000 miles under warranty.
As I don't put much mileage on the V now at 30,000 miles the vibration problem seems to be back.

Also my car is kept outside during the winters and the disks get quite rusty and there is a loud bang noise when I start to drive.

Baabootoo would you have a part numbers and the supplier to buy your recommended setup?

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Also my car is kept outside during the winters and the disks get quite rusty and there is a loud bang noise when I start to drive.
That is likely the sound of your brake pad/s breaking free from the rotor surface. I have had it happen too before I began using a good car cover.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V A6 Sedan Modded :)
710 Posts
The loud bang happens when the stock pads rust to the rotors when it sits overnight and you break them loose in the morning. As mentioned above :)

·
Registered
2009 CTSV Auto
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I'm going to order the following parts and will let you know how it works out.
Centric discs No:120.62128 on Amazon for $82 each + free shipping
Perfect Stop pads No: PS1404M from Amazon for $40/set including shipping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts