Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
'01 Pearl White - Sold 10/11, '09 Raven Black :)
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This picture does not belong to me, but all I can say is WTF!!!! This guy must have (EDIT: THIS GUY DOES HAVE) some mad skills...

I have chatted with the owner btw... :cool2:

·
Registered
99 Escalade (sold) 03 Escalade EXT (sold) - 07 Escalade EXT
1,363 Posts
The motors in these trucks are pretty interchangeable... I doubt any crazy modifications were done.... I know the silverados can have this engine or the lq9....

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I just talked to the guy today so I did not ask any indepth questions but I know he took the whole 'Lade body off the frame, etc.

·
Registered
02 Escalade cross bred with a 07 2500HD Duramax
13 Posts
Well I am the owner if this Frankenstein and it was not a simple swap my lade is an 02 so the wiring is gen1 but it’s still a newer body style this created an issue of what motors I could swap in and that would be 01 or 02 duramax and I am not a big fan of the LB7 motors because of injector issues. So I shot for the best of the best the LBZ but the wiring would not interchange after doing tons of research I figured I needed loaded crew cab short bed.
So a basic rundown I bought a 07 crew cab short bed roll over that was loaded I stripped the truck down to the frame had it shortened to fit the escalade I gutted the interior including the wiring I swapped in the truck harness made sure all of the truck features worked and ran I removed the rear features out of the old escalade harness like rear wiper backup assist defrost HVAC third brake lock for the tailgate heated seats and made a separate harness for those features and merged it into the truck harness the doors also got a wiring swap including door handles and switches. Then came the seats I had to deskin and swap everything switches motors heaters all of it to make it work with the truck harness.

The motor mounts are different on the diesel vs. LQ9 and the drive train would never handle the LBZ so we swapped it all I now do not have air ride AWD and stablitrack now I have 2500HD suspension frame push button 4X4 and drive train from the truck.

There were so many little items to work with like swapping the wiper motor who would have thought but their different.

I have a couple of little items that need fixed or finished I want to swap in an escalade steering wheel and airbag then the center console where the DIC was needs filled in I want to put a TV screen there for a backup camera new airbox lid.
One big item is bigger wheels.

Here is links to pictures of the project.
Well I cant post links... I need 5 posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey whats up its me Mo - glad you came along and updated it with links to all your pics - I did not want to post links to your albums without you knowing ...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey no problem Mo post away if you got any questions just ask I came over here to sell my parts I put a classified ad up on here but no hits yet.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LOL - Thanks! Hey I got the AC Comp a few mins ago (ups running late these days) - it looks great. I will probably work on it later on tonight or tomorrow :yup:

Thanks for shipping it so fast!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are for real!? How much does that boat weigh.
Your in flordia duraburb could diesel that ecsalade for you. Or ship it up to me I could pull that off for about 14K I would make it a 2500 for sure to be towing that load.
That has to be photoshopped.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
637 Posts
It's about 12k on the trailer loaded up. Pulls it pretty good just not happy with the stopping. It's flat down here, it's a bit easier.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The mountains suck up here in central PA I would look into switching the brakes to electric over hydro and run a Tekonsha P3 controller I have one for my car hauler and when it comes to braking you cant even tell there is 7K on the hitch.

I agree on flat there no issues but the trans is what I had issues with on the mountains it would seek gears and could never hold a constant speed.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade
637 Posts
I got a guy that lives right in my area that has a Duramax H2. Got a big decal on the back glass....kinda odd to hear it spool up from a stop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts