Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exactly do I need to get, and what to I need to tell the place installing these rims, to do to get a 5x114.3 bolt pattern to fit?? I bought 4 of these little circle things already (I think they're called hubcentric rings), will I need those, and what else will I need/have to tell the install guys? Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,970 Posts
I have yet to see Koz say something nice. My dad is 75 and isn't this cranky.
I think that all the people who want to put misfit wheels on their Cadillacs are the smartest, brightest, most innovative, clever, and right minded thinkers on the planet.

How's that?

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Koz is right. GM uses 115. That fraction will create problems for you. I suspect wobbling, wear on wheel holes/lug studs.

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts
If everything is done correctly; the correct centering ring is used, the holes have enough slop so the studs don't bend, and the nuts and washers center up right it should work. Where the cheese starts to bind is when one or more of these factors are botched and the wheel comes off at speed. As Tony Soprano's buddies say, "Why take a chance?"

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
If everything is done correctly; the correct centering ring is used, the holes have enough slop so the studs don't bend, and the nuts and washers center up right it should work. Where the cheese starts to bind is when one or more of these factors are botched and the wheel comes off at speed. As Tony Soprano's buddies say, "Why take a chance?"
You answered your own question. It's not taking a chance if you do it correctly. Koz next for my car is tint, 15% all around, then a carputer. Big wheels, dark tint, and movies in the front seat! I know you'll approve. Sorry couldn't resist.

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts
You answered your own question. It's not taking a chance if you do it correctly. Koz next for my car is tint, 15% all around, then a carputer. Big wheels, dark tint, and movies in the front seat! I know you'll approve. Sorry couldn't resist.
How sure can you be that your getting it right when you're changing a flat and it's raining pitchforks and hammer handles. How sure can you be that it's done right by the slack jawed pothead at the rim shop. Don't think best circumstances; think "worst case" like an engineer.
I know! I know! Young guys think they're bulletproof. It can't happen to them. It's happened to me. Been there! Done that!

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
How sure can you be that your getting it right when you're changing a flat and it's raining pitchforks and hammer handles. How sure can you be that it's done right by the slack jawed pothead at the rim shop. Don't think best circumstances; think "worst case" like an engineer.
I know! I know! Young guys think they're bulletproof. It can't happen to them. It's happened to me. Been there! Done that!
:worship:

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
if it's raining pitchforks and hammer handles I ain't getting out of the car lol. My spare is a stock 16 inch tire. I put the wheels on myself. I'm not paying someone to put my car on a lift and put on tires. The only thing bulletproof is my vest.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
if it's raining pitchforks and hammer handles I ain't getting out of the car lol. My spare is a stock 16 inch tire. I put the wheels on myself. I'm not paying someone to put my car on a lift and put on tires. The only thing bulletproof is my vest.
my spare is a wheel just like roberts aftermarket 18's LOL

1 - 20 of 29 Posts