Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Premium w/ ALL options + 2004 Pontiac GTO LS6 "Beast"
1,196 Posts
The radio has to be reprogrammed with your VIN number. Not something your dealer can do.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Those are used 'refurbished' radios. They buy them and then reset the VIN coding. They offered to buy my 2010 unit when I upgraded.
I paid $600 I think it was for my 2013 unit. They normally go for a bit more, but if you are patient enough and can wait, then the deals will come around.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yes, thats correct.
I have the tools to do it if you can find a radio.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Correct.
I would never spend that much for a factory radio, but IF I did, I would make sure the one they were sending me had a manufacturer date of 2013/2014 since they think they are all the same.

·
Registered
All Escalade Premiums, '16 ESV, '13 ESV, '10 EXT
617 Posts
Yeah their "trade ins" are a joke too, they'll give you $350 for a perfectly functional 2010 unit. No thanks. I'm sure I'll come across a good condition factory one at some point for a reasonable price then have it unlocked.

·
Registered
2009 AWD Escalade Ultra Luxury Raven Black
1,800 Posts
Their prices have changed. I actually used them and got a nice updated 2012 unit. They look brand new and have no marks on them. I remember paying a little over a grand, but they gave me $600 for my 2009 model trade in. This was also a couple years ago.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yeah that sounds way more in line K9, I would do that deal all day. $350 for something they'll sell for $1150 that I can get $6-800 for all day isn't a great deal.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
They offered me $450 for my 2010 unit.
I ended up selling to someone on here for $550 shipped I think it was. And I pre programmed it to his truck making it drop in ready.

Sad to think the buyer almost paid double what he paid me, for what almost could have been the same exact radio.

I'll offer my abilities to anyone for programming a radio to your VIN. The 2013/14 radios are much easier than the others, but I can also do 2010. I have not tried the other years as of yet.
If anyone wants to try a newer NAV unit in their 2008, I will offer my programming for FREE, and pay half the shipping. I'd REALLY REALLY like to debunk the myth that 2008 cannot be upgraded. I just fail to understand why I could program a 2008 radio to work in my 2010, but everyone *says* you cannot program a newer radio to a 2008. I call BS on that. Perhaps my methods are different?

·
Registered
2007 Escalade AWD Premium, 2011 CTS4 Premium Coupe
164 Posts
Wow, these offers seem all across the board...they just offered me $500 for my '07 unit a week or two ago after I mentioned I was possibly interested in upgrading to the newer model w/flash card, aux and USB out.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
They offered me $450 for my 2010 unit.
I ended up selling to someone on here for $550 shipped I think it was. And I pre programmed it to his truck making it drop in ready.

Sad to think the buyer almost paid double what he paid me, for what almost could have been the same exact radio.

I'll offer my abilities to anyone for programming a radio to your VIN. The 2013/14 radios are much easier than the others, but I can also do 2010. I have not tried the other years as of yet.
If anyone wants to try a newer NAV unit in their 2008, I will offer my programming for FREE, and pay half the shipping. I'd REALLY REALLY like to debunk the myth that 2008 cannot be upgraded. I just fail to understand why I could program a 2008 radio to work in my 2010, but everyone *says* you cannot program a newer radio to a 2008. I call BS on that. Perhaps my methods are different?
I've got a 2008 and want to upgrade to the 13/14 nav. Haven't found a good deal yet but once I do I'll put your skills to the test :)

Let me know if you find any deals. If this website offers me $500 for my 2008 radio and they charge $1300 for one of their's it doesn't make sense to buy one for more than $800 anywhere else.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I'm on the fence right now if I even want to do this- I'm curious what you guys think. You can pick up a mimicsx2 (there's another thread about this here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-2007/569954-how-iphone-integration-head-unit-controlling-3.html) and for a few hundred you have the ability to run your phone's navigation through your factory touchscreen which we all know is a far superior nav application than GMs! My factory nav doesn't currently read discs, so I'm definitely torn on what to do here.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts