Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am just wondering what the 1/4 mile and 0-60 on a stock '93 DeVille with the 4.9 would be. And any other performance info. Plus was the '91-'93 DeVille ever reviewed in MT or C&D or similar? Thanks

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmmm, I think the 0-60 was something like the mid 8's (although don't remember where I heard it from) but I would think the 1/4 would be better then 16... I was thinking more like mid 15's or maybe alittle better....

In any case, how much do you guys think a K&N and a chip from Super Chips (claims +18hp and +28ft lbs. tourqe) would improve the times by?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
K/N is good, performance is neglegable (it is said that you have to boost HP by 10 in order for the seat of the pants to detect :) ), you may get 3-5hp from that........ Chip may not be a bad idea.....

·
Registered
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3-5hp form a K&N?

I am looking at chips, it is $160 for FastChip which claims +13-50hp and $260 for SuperChip which claims 18hp and 28ft lbs. tourqe, I e-mailed the guy at FastChip, and he siad everything is left alone besides that, while SuperChip claims to make the tranny shift more firm, tune enigne to run on better gas, better etc.... I dunno, the $100 price differnce is neat, but being one of the only mods for the 4.9 I would rather spend more money to get the better chip.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The forum I was on before this one was a VERY technical forum and almost exclusively delt with guys that custom flash PCMs etc. The technical level of the guys on that forum was amazing and most would not use anybody but Ed Wright. I've talked with him myself and found his input to be spot-on. Is he falable? Sure. Have I heard of any problems with his work? NO. If I was in need of any help, he'd be the FIRST guy I'd call.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
Katshot