Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
03 DeVille 09 CTS4
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that drives owners of ford ecoboost fusions to rage? I swear to god, in the last month and a half since I got it, if a fusion owner catches a glimpse of me, they will go to any length, weaving, swerving, berm passing, to get next to me at the next stoplight for a race. The 'lets go' wave they give is like an annoyed challenge.

I have yet to oblige. In fact, I have not even opened her up yet save 1 45-85mph pass on rt 28 out of new bethlehem PA. (and I didnt know the terminus was 85 until I glanced down, the car gathers up fairly quickly.) So the encounter ends with them at full traction control racing away from a light (the area I live in is the home of '2-30' driving....you sit at a light for at least 2 minutes to then drive at most 30 seconds, and then repeat. Even a honda civic only gets 15mpg around here)

I know on paper they say the 3.6DI whoops up all versions of the 4.6 northstar which I happen to have in my deville and I certainly was never in the habit of racing my deville which handles like a semi beached whale (and that is AFTER the work I did on it) but I am not convinced by seat of the pants.

But these fusion owners seem to take offense at the CTS. the cars are similarly sized (albeit different layouts) and pre-2019 the fusion is outclassed by all US models of the CTS save the 2.0T so WTH?

·
Super Moderator
'05 CTS-V
8,361 Posts
How many dozens of times has this happened? I mean, there are a lot more Fusions on the road than there are CTSs, so I would think you're just constantly surrounded by Fusions wanting to race you!

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,397 Posts
Haha the same experience I had with Ford mustang 5.0 owners that drove me to get a plate that read "NOTAV" when I had the v front bumper, i ended up swapping back to the oem bumper....then i got bored and went back to the v lol.

It was always a mustang pulling up next to a red light and revving. Or weaving through traffic just to be disappointed that it's not a V lol. Doesn't bother me as much anymore

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
08 CTS DI
2,301 Posts
It's a compliment, that says something about the reputation of the CTS in general. Think about it, GM produced what was at one time and maybe still is, the most powerful naturally aspirated production V6 among U.S. vehicles. It is horsepower to displacement dense. The supercharged 3800 V6 would need more boost in order to beat it.

The ecoboost Fusion owners in your area have probably heard of the twin turbo ATS-V, and think you don't know what an ecoboost powered Ford is and are attempting to provoke you into a race they know you can't win. Of course racing on the city streets is a no, no that goes without saying. I'd still pause before pulling off from the stop light next to one of these provocation attempts, to make sure an officer that may be near by doesn't get carried away with his/her imagination and accuse you of lining up with the individual hot rodding off from the light.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,381 Posts
that drives owners of ford ecoboost fusions to rage? I swear to god, in the last month and a half since I got it, if a fusion owner catches a glimpse of me, they will go to any length, weaving, swerving, berm passing, to get next to me at the next stoplight for a race. The 'lets go' wave they give is like an annoyed challenge.

I have yet to oblige. In fact, I have not even opened her up yet save 1 45-85mph pass on rt 28 out of new bethlehem PA. (and I didnt know the terminus was 85 until I glanced down, the car gathers up fairly quickly.) So the encounter ends with them at full traction control racing away from a light (the area I live in is the home of '2-30' driving....you sit at a light for at least 2 minutes to then drive at most 30 seconds, and then repeat. Even a honda civic only gets 15mpg around here)

I know on paper they say the 3.6DI whoops up all versions of the 4.6 northstar which I happen to have in my deville and I certainly was never in the habit of racing my deville which handles like a semi beached whale (and that is AFTER the work I did on it) but I am not convinced by seat of the pants.

But these fusion owners seem to take offense at the CTS. the cars are similarly sized (albeit different layouts) and pre-2019 the fusion is outclassed by all US models of the CTS save the 2.0T so WTH?
I live in the Burgh and commute from the south end of town to the north end daily. I've never had a Fusion do this to me. What part of town is this happening in? Probably the part that I can't get to from here as I've not seen it. :yup:
Years back, I did have a guy pull up beside me and want to race me in my GN. This was in the Liberty tunnels, outbound, during the evening rush. When he got like 20 feet free in front of him, he hit the gas and almost plowed into the car in front of him. Some people just don't get it.

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,025 Posts
My CTS is pretty zippy but until I put an SC in it I can't see it being able to beat some of the vehicles out there. But my old car kept up with a V6 camaro just fine.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
Orlando - We take orphans
3,104 Posts
To me the CTSC has "enough" to get pushed out of shape in first (and 7k comes up real quick) but it is a road car. Kinda hard to test but think it is faster than the Crossfire Coupe. If needful of more I have a Judge.

·
Registered
03 DeVille 09 CTS4
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live in the Burgh and commute from the south end of town to the north end daily. I've never had a Fusion do this to me. What part of town is this happening in? Probably the part that I can't get to from here as I've not seen it. :yup:
Years back, I did have a guy pull up beside me and want to race me in my GN. This was in the Liberty tunnels, outbound, during the evening rush. When he got like 20 feet free in front of him, he hit the gas and almost plowed into the car in front of him. Some people just don't get it.
route 30 between north Versailles and greensburg....we got about 100 car dealers on this strip so you have every make/model and outside of the normal pittsburgh driver machinations I have not paid attention, but the ecoboost (at least I am assuming all are ecoboost) seem belligerent. and lets be honest, unless they have the 2.7 ecoboost in a 2019, they are wasting some serious time.

also, the cts I recently got IS from this town...mebbe the PO was a notorious leadfoot...

I did note one guy in a 392 charger slowing and craning to see my bumper before coming alongside...making sure it wasnt a V I bet

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,880 Posts
I've never had a Ford or a Pick-up truck. Don't feel I've missed anything.
That Ford GT will wet your pants. But the price is out of my reach.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
1,880 Posts
Always liked the original Lola but the later/taller (why just GT instead of GT40) ones really don't do much for me.
Ford failed to trademark the GT40 name. In 1985, Safir Engineering, a company that had been building replica GT40s since 1981, trademarked the GT40 name.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,381 Posts
route 30 between north Versailles and greensburg
I only get out there maybe a couple times a year. I'll bet this isn't close to 48 since that part of 30 is loaded with cops writing tickets. I've seen it, luckily I never got one. Saw once the unmarked car was parked in the Ford used car lot. Looked like any used car, fooled a guy behind me.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
3,104 Posts
Guess they could have called it the GT43 but would have lacked something. They had to add roof bubbles to the original to clear some driver's heads - aerodymamics is where the arms out/reclining driving position I learnt in the 60's came from.

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,502 Posts
The "Gurney bubble". Dan was 6'4" tall and didn't fit in the car without it.

·
2011 CTS Coupe Premium
3,104 Posts
Still around, optimum size for an SLK is 5'7". OTOH my screwy driving position (seat all the way back, head behind the B-pillar) saved my life in a 'vette with a non-collapsible steering column.

vette1.jpg

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS luxury
119 Posts
I personally feel my car which is a 13 CTS 3.0 is an underperforming engine, especially from a 0 to 60 stand point, much better from 60 to 90, my last car 04 deville 4.6 liter would blow the doors off this car.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts