Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Too many...
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P0452 Tank Pressure Sensor, Low voltage.

This was tripping SES light. I finally got around to replacing the tank pressure sensor, vent solenoid, fill tube and gas cap. I have managed to get rid of the SES light but the code still shows as CURRENT. What is going on here? Do I have to wait X amount of start cycles for this thing to disappear? Is there a way to hard reset the memory where the codes are stored?

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
Unless you clear the code manually, the PCM will wait for 3 successful ignition cycles without the fault detected before the code will go to history.

·
Registered
Too many...
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can manuallly clear the code until I am blue in the face and it does not go away.

Ok I spoke too soon. I let the engine fully cool down, restarted and the code is present along with the light. I am reading elsewhere that this is a "maturing" code and since it is an EVAP related code it will take
~40 engine (full temperature range) cycles to clear. I'm not sure I believe that. I am reading on other forums to simply "drive through it".

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
40 cycles is where it is cleared from history.

If the code and light are back, you haven't fixed the problem.

·
Registered
Too many...
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I decided to perform some circuit analysis before taking things apart again. Glad I did.

It looks like it turned out to be the FTP signal pin/socket in the 25-pin connector located in the engine bay. The pin and socket had minor amounts of corrosion present. After cleaning the pin/socket and exercising the connector a few times, I have not had the code reoccur.

That one was really starting to bug me!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts