Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a 95 or 96 Fleetwood Brougham with about 60 to 85K.
What would be a range of prices, from "too much" to "a steal" for one?

Assume the car will be in really nice clean, etc. condition. I am in Virginia, just incase you know of one out here.

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
52 Posts
Since this is a relatively new car, try Kelley Blue Book, either the book or the web site. It is at www.kbb.com. Then choose the type of seller (dealer or private), the mileage, and overall condition. It will give you an estimated value from which you can expect a car to be offered and what you might offer. Typically, a dealer will ask for more, but that is not always true.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Sevillius said:
I am looking for a 95 or 96 Fleetwood Brougham with about 60 to 85K.
What would be a range of prices, from "too much" to "a steal" for one?

Assume the car will be in really nice clean, etc. condition. I am in Virginia, just incase you know of one out here.

Thanks,

Paul
Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $8500 for a good condition car with those miles. Anything less would be a steal to me.

It also depends on the color and the equipment. There are some exterior/interior color combinations that you couldn't give me! I wouldn't purchase a cloth car and it would have to be a very good price if the car weren't a Brougham.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Check www.autotrader.com every once in a while and it should give you an idea about how much they're worth.

You never see many of the rear wheel drive Cadillacs driving around here even the Broughams like mine.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm actually going to look at a white Brougham with about 76k; I really like the black ones, but, since I have a black 96 SLS already, I guess a white one would be fine. I could have bought a red one for about 5500, but, even though I like red on many vehicles (I have a red Dakota club cab pickup, have had a red 93 Ranger and a red 56 F100) I thought the color didn't look quite right on the FWood, but I would have bought it anyway if the miles were a lot less.

It's interesting how some of the colors, while looking pretty fair on, say, an Eldorado, just don't look that great on a big whale like a Fleetwood.

Keeping an eye out for a black wood....

Paul

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
I think the color makes a big difference too.

White is a good choice. There's also a darker blue that looks real good. If you could find one someting other than a blue interior it would be a good choice. I think it was available with tan on special order, so there is hope in finding one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have an advantage in finding a FW in that there is no rush at all, plus with the temp here in Virginia at 2 above this AM, no desire to impulsively spend.
You know how easy it is to buy a convertible on a clear summer day>? This weather is, I guess, the exact opposite.

Paul

Raised in Indiana, by Chicago. Moved to Virginia partially to escape the Midwest weather....except for one thing... the weather moved too!

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
Thanks for taking it with you! Its absolutely spectacular in Kansas right now, a state I despise 80 percent for the weather and 20 percent for everything else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
"I am taking delivery tomorrow of a '96 Fleetwood. It's got 103K on it, and is in decent shape, and I paid $2750 for it.

No Really.

It just happens to be the nastiest shade of pearlecent pepto-bismal pink you will ever see.
http://www.blert.net/i/lj/pepto1.jpg
But hey, I was planning to customize whatever I bought, and this was a chance ot get into a nice Caddy for less than half it's book value.
This is a link to a quick concept image I made for the look I'll be going for.
http://www.blert.net/i/lj/concept1.jpg
Now all I need is some warm weather to work on her."
Pixel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts