Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Another newbie, just got a used 06 cts with a 3.6L. I noticed that the interior is different from some of the pictures i found on other Cts's. My cts has the wood grain on the stereo console, and around the transmission console and the bezel is outlined in chrome. Please inform me about the specifics and specialties of my new vehicle. Thanks

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
Each year GM did minor trim tweaks to the interior. Early '03s had pewter dashes and an analog clock in the instrument panel. Mid '03 switched to black (ebony) trim, and a proper temp gauge in the instruments, as well as a DVD drive in the Nav, from the previous CD-ROM. '05 added chrome rings around the instruments, and '06 added some wood trim on certain models. I'm sure there are other things, like the steering wheel controls for the cruise control, etc. Most, if not all parts, are completely interchangeable between cars, and many of us have upgraded things like the instrument panel and radio's for a later model.

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6 Auto w/ Sport & Luxury Packages
555 Posts
Wood trim typically denotes that you have the luxury package, unless you have some cheesy aftermarket woodgrain finish kit. Does your CTS have multi-driver personalization? That is always a clear sign of the Lux pkg.

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
multi driver personalization is with the memory package, not lux. The woodgrain trim if OEM would be the lux package tho. If you bought the car from a dealer shouldn't they had explained what you bought to you?

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L Black, LOADED
2,424 Posts
multi driver personalization is with the memory package, not lux. The woodgrain trim if OEM would be the lux package tho. If you bought the car from a dealer shouldn't they had explained what you bought to you?
Lux pkg does include the multi-driver personalization.

3.6L V6 Luxury Package includes heated, eight-way power-adjustable driver and
front passenger seats; memory package for two drivers; auto-dimming inside rearview
mirror with integrated compass and OnStar controls; Universal Home Remote
transmitter; theft-deterrent system; P225/55R-16 all-season, blackwall,
H-speed-rated tires; and 16-inch, bright, machined-finish aluminum wheels

This is a good link to have also... www.cadillac.com/_res/pdf/07Cadillac_CTS.pdf

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Welcome, Reek! GM tried to carry the arts & science (or stealth fighter) look from the outside to the inside of the CTS. However, many people hated that look on the interior. GM has been tweaking it over the years and re-did the SRX interior in 07. The CTS will get an all new interior with the 08 redesign.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts