Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man, I just got back from an awesome show, and now I'm freaking deaf.

Better Than Ezra played in Quincy IL. Three of us drove 120 miles in my friend's Cherokee for a $15 show at the Quincy University 'arena' (gymnasium). These guys can definitely rock out.

Whats interesting about BTE is that they've been touring all summer, and while on the road Katrina destroyed their homes in New Orleans. Basically, they're a homeless band.

I was surprised by the number of 12-14 year olds there, since it was a college show and BTE's biggest selling days (#1 Billboard) were back in the early 90s when I was barely 13. Good to see a nice variety of people though.

The only part I didnt enjoy was watching white people dance. Its so awkward!

The acoustics could have been a LOT better since it was a gymnasium, but the show was a lot better than I expected. We had to sit through an hour of opening acts, but it was completely worth it. BTE opened strong and had an AWESOME close with "Desperately Wanting." They pulled a girl on stage and had her commandeer a cowbell. :D I'm going to the Arkansas State Fair in Little Rock to see them again in October.

·
Banned
7,971 Posts
Give this white boy a few shots and I can dance with the best of 'em. I'll bust out a move I call "the sprinkler." It is too awesome to describe in words though.

·
5,826 Posts
davesdeville said:
Give this white boy a few shots and I can dance with the best of 'em. I'll bust out a move I call "the sprinkler." It is too awesome to describe in words though.
Do you jackhammer and feed the chickens as well? I've got a friend that lets loose when he's drunk, it's quite the site.

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Hehehe...will never forget the Pantera pit...nor the Sevendust, , Poison the Well, the Tool or the NIN pits, among others. Hot damn, those were good times...then there's the time I wore sandals to a Metallica show in San Francisco and broke my toe because of it...but it was worth every second, because that show made me to Rio De Janeiro to see them...I would like to see GWAR, Cradle of Filth, Type O Negative and a great many others, although Tom Petty, Brooks and Dunn and Hank Williams Jr. put on some of the best shows I've ever seen. :) Oh yes, one more thing...mosh pits for me are great...I don't have to breath that stanky compressed air down there with the rest of you, as my head is a foot above the rest of ya'll, as long as I'm standing up! HAHAhahahaaaa!!!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
What about these dances "wash the car" or "mow the lawn" or the "snake" or my all time favorite the "fax machine"??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
9 Participants
addison_ii