Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 CTS AWD Wagon 2010 BMW X5 35D 2008 GL320
2,623 Posts
Buy the correct housings and do it right, you will get the best pattern.

The projector will offer a better pattern than just putting a kit into a standard housing but the HID projector is not the same as the halogen projector so it will make glare and not the best pattern. Up to you if you want to do low and high, factory only low is HID.

If you do choose to just jam an HID kit into your lights don't go above 5000 and 4300 is best, buy it from theretrofitsource.com for a decent quality part.

O

·
0 Posts
Hi
Apart from pulling out the lights how do I know if I have HID or Halogen projector? 07 full options,and if I do have HID then I assume it just a matter of changing bulbs, no need for ballast or in line resistors I know stupid question!

·
Registered
'06 SRX LY7 Lux/Full option.
6 Posts
If you have HID lights stock you have an HID Projector and headlight washers, if you have normal halogens you have Halogen projectors.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Ya that won't help him lol

What colour is the light from your lights and does it take a few seconds to come up to full bright?

O

·
0 Posts
Hello
The city light(yellowish, why it comes on with headlights on I have no idea) the main lights come on, auto level out and are white. Yes they take a couple secs to brighten, I also read the option of headlight washer came with HID, and I have the washer. So if I do have HID then all I need is the bulb and no ballast. I want to upgrade to 5000k.

·
Registered
'07 - 3.6l SRX RWD, '16 - 2.5l Subaru Outback, '95 - 4.3l S10 pu
957 Posts
The lens on my 07 with RPO TT6 has D1S faint, small lettering on the upper section of the lens cover and H7 on the lower.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
If you want an upgrade change the frosted Fresnel lens you have, I keep wanting to do mine but never get around to it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts