Cadillac Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,507 Posts
Re: What have you done to your CTS toady?

On the plus side, now you can get rid of that 35% windshield tint before you hurt someone.

Reactions: Mullah88

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,507 Posts

I would never tint my windshield but I've seen 50% used and it worked well and looked good in daylight. I never rode in that car at night so I can't comment about that.

BTW, sadly I did nothing to my CTS toady. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2014 ELR
10,740 Posts

I came to the conclusion that I have the intermittent loss of power steering at parking speeds and will need to find the wiring problem. A bunch of threads on here with the same issue, and have found the TSB that relates.

·
Registered
Black/Black 2013 CTS Sedan 3.0L RWD (116k miles)
1,525 Posts

I was tired and ran over one of those concrete bump things that are in the parking spot to prevent people from running over it. I wasn't sure if it was better to keep going and run it over with the back tire or back out and re run it over with the front tires so I left it as is. When I get off work I have a decision to make.

As for windshield tint, you guys should look into ceramic tint. If you do like a Hupe Optik 50 the tint is barely noticiable but it reduces so much heat. I have 50 on the windshield and 30 on everything else.

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,608 Posts

Finished up my car for this round.. Haven't fixed the tail lights yet so don't go through a "regular" car wash yet but I will post a picture in the banter thread.

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,851 Posts

Washed the car.
Now that the winter weather has stopped, I can wash my car instead of using the drive thru car wash, not that I have to wash the car that much in Las Vegas, just use California duster.

Have you tried the Mequiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax ? Oh is it terrific. Just be SURE to SHAKE the bottle before using. (not something you do with most car wash soaps) I taped a sticky note on so I would not forget. Use 1 oz per gallon of water.

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,408 Posts

Washed the car.
Now that the winter weather has stopped, I can wash my car instead of using the drive thru car wash, not that I have to wash the car that much in Las Vegas, just use California duster.

Have you tried the Mequiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax ? Oh is it terrific. Just be SURE to SHAKE the bottle before using. (not something you do with most car wash soaps) I taped a sticky note on so I would not forget. Use 1 oz per gallon of water.
Snowed 2 days ago here in NC

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
2,851 Posts

Snowed 2 days ago here in NC

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Snowed, It snowed in Las Vegas Feb. 21st. we got 3 to 6 inches in the west side of town. No accumulation in streets.

we have had the worst winter here in Las Vegas NV.
By Feb. 16 it is normally in in the 70's. This year it was in the 40's, we did not get to 70 till that last two days of Feb. In March most days it was 15 below normal so 60 degrees. We have had only one 80 degree day so far.
But summer will sizzle.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,847 Posts
What have you done to your CTS toady?

Put the roof box on. The bars were really easy, but placing the box was difficult.

With the forward bar in the foremost position, I need to forward the box as much as I can. Even with the box in this position the tailgate will collide with the box when it opens. Put a piece of carpet on the box to prevent scratches on the tailgate.

I tried to programme the tailgate to the lowest position in the 3/4 setting. But you can only lower it to a certain minimum height (150 cm). In this height it just kisses the box lightly before stopping.

To program the tailgate you need to open it fully, and then manually place the tailgate in the desired position.
Øøøøhhh - if you already have the roof box there you cannot open the tailgate fully.

Of course you can turn the tailgate off.

Another thing is the box is not supported well in the front because I need to slide the forward grabbers of the box fully backwards to the forward roof bar position.

If I shut off the powered tailgate and place the box best possible way I could barely open the tailgate before colliding with the box.

In other words the guides in the roof should have been prolonged forward so the box would be clear of the tailgate and well supported by the roof bars.

Nevermind - the holiday vehicle is ready for Easter skiing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'12 CTS Performance Sports Wagon AWD
3,608 Posts

Yup, thats why I ended up having to mount my bike rack backwards or the tailgate would have hit it.

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,812 Posts

I heard it's going to pollen in Vegas next. Flash, when it happens don't be alarmed.....it's only Varm trying to kill you by putting a yellow wordery substance all over your car and everything outside your house. :rofl:

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
19,980 Posts

Changed my oil yesterday at just over 11,000 miles. Anxious to see what Blackstone says in their lab report.

Reactions: CaddyFred

·
Registered
2013 Black Diamond CTS4 Premium Coupe (sold-09 CTS4 DI Black Raven/Ebony)
4,812 Posts

"And here I hold the last question" (the crowd cheers)

And Carnac the Magnificent says....

"How did the tinman save $9,000 yesterday?"
And the answer is rip pffft "He used a new o-ring!" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
19,980 Posts

Beeeautiful, lol!

I must say, when I pulled off the old one I was so careful and meticulous installing the new one!

·
Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
1,507 Posts

Looking forward to those UOA results too.

I determined that my battery lost 30% of it's charge when sitting idle for only 4 days. Next I'll do a parasitic load test to see just how much juice is being drawn. I also decided to remove my USB charger from the power socket since it draws ~20 mA.

I also added a bottle of Techron fuel system cleaner, filled up with Sunoco 89 and monitored various engine parameters with Torque Pro. I see what Padgett was saying about the cooling fan. The thing doesn't come on until almost 220f! Another project for another day.

1 - 20 of 186 Posts