Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did it get removed by the Mods or something? I can't find it in my subscribe list nor in mightymouse's profile under threads started. :mystery:

Someone with the link please poast it.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Selling without being a vendor. It may not seem like much, but if it is allowed for him, others will want to, and that is not fair to the vendors who subscribe to sell here.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Anyway to remove the posts where he was selling and not the whole thread? That thread wasn't originally started to sell his stuff, but it show it and how it was made. Now all the info on his fab work is gone.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
I was not the one who removed the thread. It is not actually gone, it is in moderation. If he decides to become a vendor, it will be restored.

·
Registered
Silver '05 V
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some bracket type item that could be used on the rear shocks for lowering.

·
Registered
E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
1,747 Posts
Well that's a shame. I was looking to that thread for some info.

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
The moderators/admins (not all) here LOVE to delete useful posts and ban valuable members over a couple bucks. This guy was not a real vendor like Hendrix or Gforce, all he was, was a guy trying to help out the community (just like 2003RC51). They better get rid of the classifieds too. This is easily one of the most over moderated forums on the internet. I got a set of his plates on the way, I wonder if they are even going to let me post the results....probably not.

·
Registered
CTS-V
632 Posts
:want:

i agree with you buddy. he came up with a very useful mod. delete the part when he tried selling the items but leave those instructions up for our fellow members. (good thing i printed them up huh) maybe give him a warning or whatever you do, but leave those instructions. :alchi: MightyMouse FTW!

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
You guys are missing the point. It is not that he was trying to sell something. It is the fact that it would set a precedent. So we let him slide. The next guy comes along selling something..."well you let mightymouse do it" Then the next guy comes along etc etc. Before you know it, the few great vendors we have start to think, "well why the hell do I have to pay if these guys dont?" Try and see issues from the point of view of someone other than yourselves.

As for 2003RC51, there is quite a story there. And there were complaints about him. This forum is becoming like a soap opera. And it does not have to be.

·
Registered
37,297 Posts
Oh and Ted, you know I like you, but if ls1tech is so great, and this place is over-moderated, you should invite your buddies over there to post the same inane, off-topic bantering that goes on here (and I mean in the real forums, not the CTS-V subforum that no one there pays attention to), and see how far they get.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
315 Posts
As for 2003RC51, there is quite a story there. And there were complaints about him. This forum is becoming like a soap opera. And it does not have to be.

Complaints huh? Care to elaborate? It would be nice if you actually told me about these complaints so I know what I did wrong. I have a feeling there weren't any though. There is a lot of fabrication going on around here these days, whether it be of parts or lies.

And, there is not quite a story. Someone posted a question in one of my original threads after my vendorship had expired and the thread was removed. It bothered me that it was removed because I CLEARLY STATED IN THE THREAD THAT I WILL NOT BE SELLING ANYTHING TILL I RENEW MY STATUS. Then I posted this:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-performance/178746-will-probably-get-deleted-too.html

Now recently my PM's stopped working so I posted a thread seeing if someone knew what the problem was(I should have been told why they were being disabled but... I wasn't):

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/site-news-feedback-questions-suggestions/186071-pm-problems.html

Then I get this sent to my PM's:

I did some looking and the administrators removed your PM privileges for selling your goods here. There are several notes on your profile, and I have personally sent you PMs about advertising here awhile back. I can tell you that there were users posting publicly about the goods you sold them via our private messaging system. That was a dead give away.

You were given opportunity to become a vendor, but chose not to do so, which is fine. But you knew full well if you continued to sell merchandise here it could result in trouble for you.

I suggest if you want to discuss your PM privileges with anybody you should PM an admin. Boombotz is on the forums more then any other admin.

Best wishes,
Rolex

To which I replied this:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/forum-rules-guidelines/186287-admin-mods-rolex-boombotz-sal.html#post2078862

I have nothing to hide here. This thread will definitely be getting locked and I can see me getting banned in the near future. All because of.... well, nothing. I did not try to backdoor sell anything and I was not going around PM'ing people trying to sell them stuff. I cannot control people contacting me asking a question or looking for a part.

·
Super Moderator
2018 GMC Sierra, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
12,114 Posts
I tried to explain to you that people were publicly posting about goods they had purchased from you in the remote past, even though you're no longer a vendor.

I suppose when you were a supporting vendor you wouldn't have minded if a competitor showed up and started selling goods free of charge and the site staff allowed it. But you complain because you're moderated for doing the same? :bigroll:

We're done with this foolishness. If you have a problem I suggest you both go straight to the site owner, rather then continue to complain in the forums.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.