Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
DeVille
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What happened to these guys? They were the only ones treat I knew of that built and hotrodded the 4.6 Northstar.

I know of CCC, and I know of N*Performance up north of the border.

Aside from these two, are there any one else?

·
Administrator
2002 F55 STS, 2014 Explorer XLT, F-150s
78,023 Posts
Re: what happened to cadillac hot rod fabricators?

CHRfab did not build or modify Northstars or supply parts for any "stock" GM vehicle. Their business was with the Fiero, sand rail, and kit car builders. Their website and phones have been dead for a couple of weeks. I would imagine that lack of business got them.

CCC is either out of business, in receivership, or just plain gone................Many reasons, none of them good. In August they quietly advertised a "sell it all fire sale - going out of business" type of warning. When a small business sells everything - shelf stock as well as all equipment/buildings - it's a sure sign of death.

Northstar Performance (Canada) is mainly in the business of manufacturing head and main bearing studs and install kits for Northstars. They do a little engine building (stock) and fabricate a few Northstar mounts and brackets as well as a tad of transmission work. The owner has conferred with Wester's Garage and now does some PCM work - not much for the 2000 - 2005 electronics yet.

A large volume stock Northstar powertrain rebuilder is Joe Blau, Midwest Cadillac, Palatine, IL.

A retired USAF powerplant mechanic - Craig Moore - in Georgia also does stock Northstar rebuilds using either inserts or studs. 1-478-396-7507.

Other individuals and shops throughout the Engines;Northstar, Seville and Deville forums.

·
Registered
86 Bronco, 74 Ford LTD,1999 Deville, 1977 Coupe Deville
304 Posts
Well that stinks. I was all ready to order one of their RWD bellhousings, performance intake & cam sets. They had a lot of cool parts for RWD conversions & reasonably priced too.
Someone should pick up the pieces. Developement has already been done & would cut down a bit of cost for someone else. Northstar's are going to be a hot item for hot rodders in the near future. Just need some support. Like Summit or Speedway motors. The four barrel carb intakes looked pretty cool. They had a turbo engine running around 1400HP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvrFe39xho4

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.