Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
New to the forum here. My friend has a 2003 CTS. She took it to the local dealership for a 48K check up. The car was running fine at the time. When she got it back, the car is difficult to start (clicks as if the battery were dead, then starts) had a major cooling leak, the gauges are crazy (bouncing around). On the invoice, the dealer stated they performed an oil change only!!?

What does a normal 48K checkup consist of. I feel there must have been a botched "coolant flush" in there somewhere. The electrical stuff, I cannot explain. It is back at the dealership today, but I feel they will play dumb. Has anyone else heard of anything like this.

Thanks all. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,415 Posts
Look in her manual. It gives the services that are needed at certain mileages.
The starting issue would bother me for sure. Was it done at a Cadillac Dealership? You could check the radiator petcock and make sure it's secure.
Out of warranty I assume?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Guess what, mine won't start now either since they "fixed" the TRANSMISSION PROBLEM.........I think that once that go into that computer weird things can happen. I know they did mention replacing coolant, etc. on the TRANSMISSION problem. They think it's my stereo wire..........duh?

JET

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wanna say the car is under warranty. Haven't got a chance to look at the owners manual yet. It's a little scary that the dealership only put oil change on the invoice. We KNOW they did more than that. It IS a Cadillac only dealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Inlawscaddie