Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was looking up the fuel level sensor on rock auto and there are 3 each have difrant prices
yikes forgot to get the part number
but dont undertand why they have 3 for my year vehicle with 3 difant part numbers for this unit

can someone tell me what is the right one part number for the fuel level sensor that i need

also i see they still have those airtex package fuel pumps for 89 on sale clouseout i think Sub mentioned ones they where Delphi but just private labeled and packaged threw airtex would that unit be complete with the level sensor ?

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok so i see there are 3 there

2 say look at the vin number

and the other doesnt say antying about the vin

so are the only 2 that i need to figure out the bottom last 2 ? so i go by the vin number

or what i dont understand the first one doesnt say anything atleast not anything that i understand

SENSOR KIT,FUEL LVL
Part Number: SK1030
Product Notes:
[Fuel Level Sensor Kit]; 4.6-9/S (L37) ; Single prong locking feature w/o loose cpa clip

Per Vehicle: 1; Years: 2000-2000
Related Parts
Product Information
Vehicle List

SENSOR KIT,FUEL LVL
Part Number: SK1035
Product Notes:
[Fuel Level Sensor Kit]; 4.6-9/S (L37) ; 2nd design ; Vin YU145369 & after, for 1st des see; 19121313Dual prong locking feature w/ loose cpa clip

Related Parts
Product Information
Vehicle List

SENSOR KIT,FUEL LVL
Part Number: SK1194
Product Notes:
[Fuel Level Sensor Kit]; 4.6-9/S (L37) ; 1st Design ; Vin prior to YU145368, for 2nd des 25330713; Dual prong attachment feature

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Seville STS (November 2012, 183k)
968 Posts
Yes, they come with the fuel level sensor. The AIRTEX one is what Sub told me to get since my fuel level sensor is bad too so I might as well replace the whole thing. I just ordered it this past Saturday and used an online coupon for like 10% off or something.

·
Registered
7,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, they come with the fuel level sensor. The AIRTEX one is what Sub told me to get since my fuel level sensor is bad too so I might as well replace the whole thing. I just ordered it this past Saturday and used an online coupon for like 10% off or something.
cool thanks yeah thats a whole lot cheaper then the 135 they want for the fuel level sensore alone

so im going to get that entire unit hoping they still have one left on the 3rd of March

·
Registered
1999 Cadillac Seville STS (November 2012, 183k)
968 Posts
Yeah much better deal....only thing I'm not looking forward to is filling up 18gals! Ever since I got the car it only filled up at 15gal, and a few months ago when I literally hit 130k (IIRC) the gauge went out and I use the dash to see how much fuel I've used....recently I've only been getting about 220-260 (depending on how long I wait and type of driving)

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
73,500 Posts
Here's a heads-up. Previously PM'd to RippyParts for info.

The Airtex/DELPHI fuel pump modules for the 1998+ Northstar installations sold online by several sites including RockAuto has a P/N of E3518M. There's a hitch: there are TWO "E3518M" fuel pump modules. One has the original electrical connector: 4 pins in a square housing. The other (upgrade module) has a flat elliptical connector with 4 blade pins and includes a connector pigtail with butt crimp connectors: you cut off the OEM connector and crimp on the new - be aware that you MAY have a bit of extra work to do if you receive the upgraded module.

Here's a pic of the top of the OEM module with the original 4-pin connector. The newer module connector is much wider and flatter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts