Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Vsport is supposed to be "v light" or "v for the street", what features would you like to see trickle down?

For me, the new transmission and launch control.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport, 2016 Chevy SS M6
493 Posts
Rear Brembo calipers (just because I think it looks better) and ATS-V power. I think the Aisin 8 speed is an excellent transmission and don't mind it at all, but the 8L90 seems like a fine substitute and suspect if the Vsport continues it will get it. I'm certainly curious on the future of the Vsport and hope it receives some updates by 2016 or 2017 MY. Otherwise I like your 'V light" description and think overall the Vsport is an excellent DD.

·
Registered
2014 CTSv-sport premium
26 Posts
??? The reconfigurable gauge cluster is already available on the CTS V-Sport Premium [I do however like the improved display options shown in screen-shots of the CTS-V...I hope those would trickle down].
i guess i miss read. i thought the thread was asking what you would like on the ATS-V i like MY reconfigurable gauge cluster in my CTS V sport.
but from the pictures I've seen online it does not look like the ATS will have that even in the premium package.

shat screen shots do you speak of for the new CTS-V?

·
Registered
269 Posts
i guess i miss read. i thought the thread was asking what you would like on the ATS-V i like MY reconfigurable gauge cluster in my CTS V sport.
but from the pictures I've seen online it does not look like the ATS will have that even in the premium package.

shat screen shots do you speak of for the new CTS-V?
I think the question was what features from the full V series ATS-V and CTS-V would you like on the regular V-Sport models. But yes, I was VERY disappointed to see that the ATS-V won't get a reconfigurable display, which is almost mind-boggling given the fact that the standard gauge cluster has been WIDELY derided (and deservedly so).

I've attached the new display configurations from the CTS-V below...looks very nice, much more modern:

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 6.44.00 PM.png

·
Registered
2014 CTSv-sport premium
26 Posts
Ooh, that suede wheel is tasty!
don't get too excited i had the same on my 2012 corvette centennial edition. let me tell you it is damn difficult to 1 hand steer with your palm when maneuvering in a parking lot.
also i think with time it will be subject to fade from the sun and if you don't keep your hands very clean it will collect grime and oils from your hands that will eventually be difficult to clean. i noticed it on my shift knob a lot. fortunately i could and did take the knob off a few times and with a soft bristle brush and some mild detergent over the sink managed to clean it up well.
having had it previously i prefer the leather.

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
^^+1. Had the Alcantara on my last V. Looks cool, but gets dirty and flattens pretty easily. It's not too hard to clean if you have to have it. A little warm water with a tiny (emphasis on tiny) drop of Dawn and a soft nail brush will bring it back.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think the Aisin 8 speed is an excellent transmission and don't mind it at all, but the 8L90 seems like a fine substitute and suspect if the Vsport continues it will get it.
Mine seems very slow to downshift, maybe that's just the programming.

But the real reason is because I assume the GM transmission would be required to effect the launch control.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Phantom Gray Performance
45 Posts
...if the Vsport continues...
It scares me just to think that the Vsport might not continue...but it actually might not...There is an ATS-V, but no ATS Vsport...There is an XTS Vsport, but no XTS-V...Maybe the V and the Vsport are mutually exclusive...:canttalk:

I am now really curious if Vsport lives in the 2016 lineup. If not, I will have to say goodbye to Cadillac in the future and go for 550i. Vsport is the perfect executive sedan. It's special already, but if it's discontinued, it will a true keeper.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Manual transmission.

Performance Data Recorder.

The ability to pick and choose options like on the ATS-V. I don't want a sunroof or many of the luxury bits from the V-Sport Premium, but I do need the digital gauge cluster.

·
Registered
Black 2014 Vsport Premium
213 Posts
The next generation magnetic shocks. Some reviews said the V may ride better than the Vsport. I'd like to try the new transmission and 600+ horsepower would make the list.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport Premium
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The next generation magnetic shocks. Some reviews said the V may ride better than the Vsport. I'd like to try the new transmission and 600+ horsepower would make the list.
Well, then just buy a V, the 600+ HP isn't the point of the Vsport

I'm curious how the new V will ride also. They are saying stiffer springs and sway bars, which I would not like daily, but that the new MRC may overcome that.

·
Registered
Black 2014 Vsport Premium
213 Posts
Well, then just buy a V, the 600+ HP isn't the point of the Vsport

I'm curious how the new V will ride also. They are saying stiffer springs and sway bars, which I would not like daily, but that the new MRC may overcome that.
I guess I should have put a winking emoji at the end.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts