1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the following code:

U1125 - Loss of serial communications for class 2 devices

Any ideas? No check engine light, all my lights and accessories appear to work fine. Only thing I can think of is this car apparently came with a factory installed phone (have controls for it on the steering wheel) but it's not in the car (dealer doesn't know it's whereabouts - says it was not in car when traded). When I go through the info menu I see Phone Not Installed (or something like that) and when I pull codes I get a section that says PHN - NO PHN Data (again something like that). I have reset ALL my codes and this is the only one that has come back.

Can I fix this? I don't want the phone but if I need one I'll go to a junk yard. I wouldn't even know about this if I hadn't started looking at stored codes. Found 2 for the air bags but they were history and after a 300 mile drive today they did not come back. This car is so awesome and runs so great it's almost making me think it was doctored somehow.... it had a little over 59k miles on it when I got it 2 weeks ago. I changed the oil, ran 2 tanks for Beryman B12 Chemtool throught it, had the alignment done, tires rotated and ballanced and I'm getting ready to replace the rear pads. I think it needs the coolant changed but otherwise I cannot find anything wrong. It starts right up, doesn't idle funny, accellerates and shifts smoothy. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1995 Sedan Deville Spring Edition
268 Posts
The integrated phone option can be de-programmed to eliminate the codes you are getting. I don't know the exact procuedure myself, but someone here will surely pipe up. I know it is done through the IPC, such that the car can be returned to "no-phone" configuration. This will then elimate re-occurence of the codes.

It will also change the funtionality of the steering wheel controls back to what they would do without the phone (used as preset/volume controls for the radio). To change the labeling on the controls requires that the switches themselves be changed. You can have the dealer do this, or just skip it if it doesn't bother you.

KDirk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts