Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 94 eldo the dash keeps saying service ride control i am new to caddies i know my braks are shot but could it be that or is it some thing to do with the struts or some thing ??

·
Registered
1968 Cadillac Sedan deVille, 1994 Chevrolet G20
2,795 Posts
That could mean a number of things. Try pulling the codes, and someone will post what they mean.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Sure you do! You have a Cadillac! With the ignition on, Press OFF and WARMER on your climate control at the same time. Once all the parts of the display light up, you can release the buttons. The car will then scroll the codes on the DIC. Write them down and post them here. Once it says PCM? you can just turn the key off. That is a prompt for what to do next, and you can do some neat stuff with that. But we'll get to that later ;)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Odd, those both deal with the Air Conditioning. Any codes begin with S?

·
Registered
520 Posts
DaveSmed said:
Odd, those both deal with the Air Conditioning. Any codes begin with S?
Usually, the service message with no stored codes is going to mean a leak down. In my case, leaky struts.
Bob

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
S036- ELC Compressor Short to Ground/Open
A011- A/C High Side Temp. Ckt.
A012- A/C Low Side Temp. Ckt.

Basically the Automatic Load Leveling air compressor has a wiring fault.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the a/c could that be it just needs to be charged ???

and as far as ELC Compressor Short to Ground/Open i dont know what the hell that is

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Thats the air compressor that pumps the back suspension back up when you load the car down with stuff. I'm not sure where the compressor is located on your car, but maybe someone else can chime in.

·
Registered
01 frontier , 89 Shelby CSX vnt
14,607 Posts
on the deville its between the rear controll arms , but on the eldo i think its somewhere else back there , as i think the eldo has a rear transverse leaf spring like a corvette , at any rate the compressor looks like a overgrown starter

wonder if jjhomer knows ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts