Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 95 deville i have these codes .. what are they how can i fix them my cars not running anymore... help
I027 .................................................. ...... PRND321 switch failure
I034 ........................................ Loss of Powertrain Control Module Data

·
Registered
1998 Deville D'Elegance
133 Posts
I belive the 1st code is referring to a switch on the transmission (called a neutral safety switch on some other vehicles) that among other things tells the transmission what position the gear lever is in (now I could be wrong but that's what it sounds like to me) and the second one I THINK is caused by a power loss (did you disconnect the battery??) most if not all of these vehicles will set a code when the battery is disconnected and the PCM resets itself.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
1998 Deville is correct. The PRND123 switch also prevents the car from being started in gear. It most likely thinks your car is in gear. Try turning the key to the start position and hold it there while you slowly move the gear selector through the gears.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys... After 3 Days With No Car . I Go And Turn The Key And It Starts.. My Friend Says The Computer Had To Reset It Self Thats Why I Couldnt Start It. The Dashboard Said.. Gear Indicator Fault. Low Oil Pressure. Low Batt. .. And The Car Turned But No Start. My Emergency Brake Was On And Since No Gear Would Be Aknowledge By The Computer The Brake Would Not Release.. Take Note Guys .. Dont Call A Mechanic , I Almost Did , And Surely Would Have Been Ripped Off . What Might Cause The Computer To Need To Reset.. I Recall Hitting The Computer Boards On The Rear Seats In The Ruck With A Wheel Chair I Was Putting Back There.
How Long Does It Take To Reset ? How Does It Reset? Im Happy I Spent No Money To Get Back On The Road Again...

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,783 Posts
I don't think the computer did anything to itself. Maybe you simply move the gear selector to put the PRND123 switch back in the PARK position and it started.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts