Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my service engine light came on today and the only current code i have is ipm b0429

what does this mean and how much can i expect to pay to get it fixed

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
B0429 - Temperature Control #3 Rear Circuit Range/Performance

It means that there is a difference between the commanded and actual positions of the rear air mix door. I've been told that it does not take much to set that DTC. It seems to be rather common. Had it myself. If you are not having any problems controlling rear seat temperatures, clear it and forget it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im gonna have to check my rear temp controls cause no one rides in the back so its never been turned on and as far as pcm im gonna go out an check again right now cause that was the only code that showed up as far as current be back in a few thanks for the help

·
Super Moderator
86,982 Posts
B0429 will not set a DTC. You must have another code.

·
Super Moderator
86,982 Posts
P0481 - Cooling Fan Relay 2 Control Circuit
This is what most likely set the DTC.

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh ok but since its history and not current should i not worry about it or take it to the dealer and get it checked out cause i have no other current codes

·
Super Moderator
86,982 Posts
Turn the A/C on and see if both cooling fans are on. If not, you need to get the relay looked into. Probably just need to replace it.

·
Registered
Cadillac
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok i went to auto zone today and they said it was on cause of the second cooling fan breaker so i geuss thats what you were telling me just gotta get it replaced now

1 - 12 of 12 Posts