Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
'05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
4,001 Posts
Don't know about those, but I think you need winter tire for the V. All season probably wont be enough.

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
I run them and I love them! They wear very well, are very quiet and have excellent dry/wet/light snow traction. I probably have about 10k miles on them and even a few drag passes on them and they were great in every aspect!

P.S. Pro Dyno Tech just moved into their new shop and I will be going down there for some nitrous runs on their dyno. If you are still interested in tuning with them we should make our appointment at the same time.

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I run them and I love them! They wear very well, are very quiet and have excellent dry/wet/light snow traction. I probably have about 10k miles on them and even a few drag passes on them and they were great in every aspect!
thanks! i think i'll be making a few phone calls to local shops to see what they can do for me:)

P.S. Pro Dyno Tech just moved into their new shop and I will be going down there for some nitrous runs on their dyno. If you are still interested in tuning with them we should make our appointment at the same time.
i think my dyno tune will have to wait. perhaps i'll look at next year around this time... i could hit 'em up before hookin up with the 2010 Hot Rod Power Tour - they should be leaving from Bristol :)

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
yikes. i'm not gettin much of a deal through my local dealer - but i may bite the bullet anyway
Well my camera will not link to the computer. Ill take some pics on the phone tomorrow morning and get them posted. I used discount tire and paid a pretty good price..not that I remember what it was!

·
Registered
Cadillac
402 Posts
i also run these and they are the best tires i have ever run...........nice in all weather,, and i drive the V all year round!

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the wheels look good. and yet another stating how good they are year round - i think this'll be the set i pick up, they were also middle of the road for price.

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
72 Posts
These Tires Suck

I have these tires on my v right now, and I absolutely can not wait to get them replaced. The only redeeming qualities of these tires are the fact that they are quiet and the tread wears slowly (too slowly, I want to get rid of them). Traction is lacking in all conditions, wet, dry, cold, and even hot. These tires are especially bad in cold weather. It doesn’t even get that cold here in the great state of Texas, and I found the cold weather performance completely unacceptable. I thought that, since road temperatures are getting higher now, I would see an acceptable improvement, but the tires fail to impress. Steering response is also lacking. I wouldn’t call it poor, but I don’t think it is up to par with high performance tires. In my opinion these tires are too much of a compromise. They seem to be an all-season tire with some performance characteristics rather than a performance tire with some all-season characteristics. These are not true performance tires. I made a mistake and bought into all the hype of a tire that is great in all conditions with a very long tread life. These tires seem appealing because they are marketed as an economical do it all performance tire when in reality they are a boring all-season tire. If you are really worried about snow, I would get two sets of tires. Why would you want a performance car with underperforming tires?

·
Registered
NONE
3,844 Posts
Wow...I completely disagree. I run RE01Rs on the track and I do t think these are that much worse in the dry and they got mt through a snowy indiana winter no problem!

·
Registered
LS6 CTS-V
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
texas was the first negative i've heard. i'm interested in hearing others view points as well. haven't heard anything yet that would keep me from buyin 'em ... only thing is - i'm contemplating pickin up a set of Blizzaks to mount to my accessory wheels knowing that i'll have to get some CCW's next spring.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts