Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 SedanDeville
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing plugs and wires next week and was pricing plugs for my 93 sedandeville and im told factory was platinum 2 and they didnt even exist in 1993. So what plugs and wires does anyone recommend my car isnt running bad but its time for a tune up currently im running ac delcos which i havent had the slightest problem with. If these are ok id like to stick with them as oppose to some high dollar plug that may not be worth the money.

·
Registered
1991 Deville / 1989 BMW 635csi
896 Posts
I would go with the bosch platinum plugs and msd ignition wires. Do the cap and rotor too, msd cap will not fit without mods to distributor itself. I have it on my 4.1 and it wasn't easy. Get msd rotor and a bosch or something cap. I have bosch platinum plugs, msd 8.5mm super conductor wires, cap, rotor, coil, ignition control module, and the 6a igniton. Very big power difference. Might as well do it all. Good luck with the plugs! Bosch platinum plugs are 4$ cad each.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,781 Posts
I think you answered your own question. There is a reason that your car is 12 years old, "Isn't running bad" and "Hasn't had the slightest problem". Stick with OEM plugs and wires.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts