Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Obviously, there are things we don't like about our CTS's. Somethings are small and don't bother us much, other things can drive us crazy. What's yours?

The one thing I can say I hate about my CTS, really doesn't haver to do with the car really, it's the ugly, generic, el-cheap-o keyless entry key fob. I hate it so much, I'd rather use my key than have the stupid plastic junk fob dangling from my keys.

I'd like all the keyless buttons right on the key...I really like the switchblade key's from VW or Audi.

:violin:

·
Registered
09 CTS 3.6l SFI 6MT
146 Posts
You make a good point about the key fob.....

Mine is the inability to use a programmable button for the stability control.

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
aeromass said:
Obviously, there are things we don't like about our CTS's. Somethings are small and don't bother us much, other things can drive us crazy. What's yours?...
I can tolerate the floor-mounted emergency brake, the key-fob - even a trunk opening too narrow to easily accommodate a golf bag, but I cannot accept a differential too frail to stand up under normal driving conditions.

This is a completely unacceptable and dangerous flaw in an otherwise pretty competitive sports sedan - I'd not consider another until GM makes good on the ones on the road (ie - recalls all & replaces with a beefed up units designed to handle engine output) & starts installing quality units on the assembly line.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,963 Posts
The instrument lights don't dim far enough. For me, on the lowest setting they are still too bright. The only other option is to turn them off.

·
Registered
2005 & 2008 CTS
1,362 Posts
Here we go with the diffs again.:bigroll:

I'd like a chip to become available and a bigger glove box. Thats all.

·
Registered
08 Platinum Escalade, 08 CTS, 01 TransAm WS6, 07 SolsticeGXP
478 Posts
Here's something.....

I don't like the design of the car from the side.

I like it from the front.. LOVE that grill/front end.

Love the rear.. (ever drive behind it when the 3rd brake light goes on? Sweet).. especially with my chrome tailpipes..

...but from the side... it's just way too boring and generic looking for me. Too "sensible" if you will...

M

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
Well I have a 2003, so what I hate is the ugly rear light panel...yuck!!! Oh and that you can't easily install a flip screen or an aftermarket deck.

I am very happy with my CTS though...LOVE IT! :D

·
Registered
2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS
3,035 Posts
B, even Cadillac caught on and changed that rear bezel. If your car is still under warranty, you gotta FLOOD it with water and get it replaced for free (that's what I did)! Or you can install the louvered cover that PJ got.

As far as other things I dislike that I can't fix myself : Footbrake is number 1 (as others have suggested), unusable glove box is 2 (ditto), no lumbar support in the seats (at least on my early '03).

Other than that, I love the car, especially after I've modded those things that I disliked but could fix (more power, Nav, sportier suspension, 18's, more agressive body styling, etc). Getting rid of the long OnStar antenna is next (but keeping the functionality).

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hate my Aisin 6 speed MT! With a Caddy I was hoping for a nice tight quality tranny, not a clunk box. The tranny reminds me of the older cheap Japanese MTs. Love the rest with my lowered springs and stiffer sway bars.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac CTS, 2008 Cadillac CTS
733 Posts
aeromass said:
Obviously, there are things we don't like about our CTS's. Somethings are small and don't bother us much, other things can drive us crazy. What's yours?

The one thing I can say I hate about my CTS, really doesn't haver to do with the car really, it's the ugly, generic, el-cheap-o keyless entry key fob. I hate it so much, I'd rather use my key than have the stupid plastic junk fob dangling from my keys.

I'd like all the keyless buttons right on the key...I really like the switchblade key's from VW or Audi.

:violin:
We've discussed this several times. Here is a poll - http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54999

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS
5,074 Posts
odysseus said:
B, even Cadillac caught on and changed that rear bezel. If your car is still under warranty, you gotta FLOOD it with water and get it replaced for free (that's what I did)! Or you can install the louvered cover that PJ got.
I would but my car is not under warranty anymore :( and I am not sure I like the louvered cover all that much. It is better than nothing, and the cheapest way to go....we'll see. I was thinking I'd flood it anyway and dress up all hot and start talking to one of the service guys ;) LOL

·
Registered
362 Posts
I noticed the other day that my side mirrors aren't tinted blue... I thought they were, either someone changed them or I'm an idiot. Regardless, I WANT BLUE TINT on my side mirrors! Anybody know why everybodys has it except me? Also, I noticed on a few pics online that there are 2 buttons on the bottom of the steering wheel, which appear to be cruise buttons. Why do some have that and mine doesn't??!!

As for the gripes about the car, most of them have been voiced... my biggest 4;
Shitty key fob that only works 10 feet from the car, get with the times Caddy
LED lights on the back, I want that
shitty diff
no trunk grab handle

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
haute_heir said:
I noticed the other day that my side mirrors aren't tinted blue... I thought they were, either someone changed them or I'm an idiot. Regardless, I WANT BLUE TINT on my side mirrors! Anybody know why everybodys has it except me? Also, I noticed on a few pics online that there are 2 buttons on the bottom of the steering wheel, which appear to be cruise buttons. Why do some have that and mine doesn't??!!

As for the gripes about the car, most of them have been voiced... my biggest 4;
Shitty key fob that only works 10 feet from the car, get with the times Caddy
LED lights on the back, I want that
shitty diff
no trunk grab handle
The '03s had the cruise buttons on the bottom of the steering wheel.

·
Registered
18 ATS-V, 04 CTS-V, 09 CTS, 04 CTS
6,675 Posts
haute_heir said:
and they removed them for the newer models?! SMART MOVE! WTF were they thinking? They had it right the first time and they changed it to a stupid old school knob one
I prefer the cruise on the turn signal stick.

My V has it on the steering wheel.... I don't really like it there, but I never use the cruise anyways.

·
Registered
03 CTS
82 Posts
I think "hate" is a strong word. I'd rather say things I dislike about the car. Key fob?? What's the deal about not liking that? It's a KEY FOB!!! Don't lose any sleep over it!
Emergency brake. I like the fact that it's not in the way on the console area and don't mind stepping on a pedal. But hey, I've had many cars over the years like that. Maybe if I was a kid who may have never seen a foot operated emergency brake before, I might think it strange.
Glove compartment is pretty useless but at least it keeps me from hiding a lot if useless crap in there. I like an uncluttered interior.
What I really dislike is no change holder. I have to keep all my spare change loose in the flip out compartment.

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS, 2005 Cadillac STS4 1SG
2,043 Posts
I like my CTS, just sometimes I dislike some of the cheap materials and build quailty in it. Our 1991 Lincoln Towncar is built way more solid that the CTS. Never has a trim piece on the towncar (inside or out) EVER fallen off or became lose. And I dont feel its necesarilly cadillac either, I had a 2000 DTS and yes even though it was a more expensive car, the build quaility I felt was much more precise and stood up to wear much better than the CTS.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts