Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Deville
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok a while back i had a problem with my A/C because of a low refrigerant code i finally got the compressor to kick on and i was able to recharge the system and of course it was blowing nice and cold this was about 1 month ago. Now the A/C blows cold on the two Driver-Side Vents and blows warm on the two passenger seats now the A/C in the rear also blows cold. When i recharged the system I also put some dye into the system and i finally found my leak because I have checked every else on the car and haven't found any other leaks. This is not a big problem but it is a bit annoying when your in 95 degree heat and in Florida traffic it SUCKS!!!!!! Anyway I don't want any reason to get rid of my 10 year old baby (97 Deville) because she is basically brand new since she only has 98,484 miles on her which is pretty good for a 10 year old car. I will attach some pics of where the leak is since the dye i put in the system is GREEN and yes you will see in the pics that I have to replace the sensor Anyways I would like know if this is something that i could fix my self or if it would be best to take it to a local shop and get it repaired. Thanks in Advance Guys!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55
3,516 Posts
I believe replacing the sensor requires you to discharge the system and refill refrigerant. I've always taken this stuff in, but there may be some recharge kits that tell you how to do it.

·
Registered
97 Deville
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thanks chubbyranger i will just take her in to the shop i just wanted to know if it something that was simple to do.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,979 Posts
Chubby is right. You have to evacuate and recover the refrigerant. After the sensor is replaced, you have to vacuum down the system and then recharge it.

·
Registered
Cadillac Deville 1990
266 Posts
First thing you want to do is remove the R134a from your system then take the sensor off and replace it right away. You do not want to leave it open a long time so make sure you have the part with you to replace. After replacing have the system vacuumed out to remove air then you can recharge and enjoy your a/c...lol

A shop can remove your R134A for a small charge if not free since they will keep what they pull from the system. That same shop can vacuum the system out also for a small fee since they are only removing the air. You can charge yourself and add more dye yourself as well.

If you feel like this is over your head you could get an A/C dvd from autozone that shows you how to do all the A/C work and repair.

·
Registered
97 Deville
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks Chuwee i will probably get it done next month since i will be going on a cruise and i wont be using my car for 1 week but thanks for the input i'll probably just take it to the shop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts