1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 ELDORADO ETC
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cadillac(s): 1998 ELDORADO ETC

Re: orifice tube replacement
Hello again i have replaced the evaporator again this thime the o tube went in just like you said so now we have a new o tube an evaporator new reciever dryer new high and low pressure switches new o rings cleared all codes added about 32 to 34 oz freon system call for 2 pounds put the guages on the [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]car[/COLOR][/COLOR] and here what i got static pressure nothing running [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]car[/COLOR][/COLOR] off

low (blue) 24.5
high(red) 26.0

car running comp off
low(blue) 25
high (red) 27

engine running a/c on max cooling
low(blue) 10
high (red) 60

after running like this for 20 min low (blue) went to 12
high (red) 64

inside vent temp 62 degrees outside temp 69 degrees is that as cold as it is going to get or do i need more freon i did pull a vacuum for 30 minutes and it held with no signs of a leak after about 30 min

which way do i go now
Thank You

BUD903View Public ProfileSend a private message to BUD903Find all posts by BUD903Add BUD903 to Your Buddy List

·
Registered
1998 ELDORADO ETC
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello i put in three 12 oz cans thaths about 36 oz system calls for 2 pounds 16x2=32 did i even do that right or am i still way off
bud903

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,982 Posts
Those pressures are WAY too low as I said in your other post. Did you pull a vacuum? Did you clear the codes to enable the compressor before recharging the system?

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
You should have been close. You don't get all of the 2nd and 3rd cans but it is real close.

If it was mine I'd add a 4th can and see what happens. Starting at that low pressure it should not hurt anything.

Watch the pressure as you add the next can.

·
Registered
Cadillac
201 Posts
you added way to much freon....if you dont let the excess out you will blow your compressor....cars nowadays can only take a can and a half maybe two tops.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts