Cadillac Owners Forum banner

18101 - 18106 of 18106 Posts

·
Registered
2002 DTS, 1997 SLS
610 Posts
Looking good!

The old rack is now only connected by the fluid lines and the bolt that connects it to the steering column. I am EXCITED! Think rear rack drop next week and get the new one in there. Then hook it all up, prime the system, and power steering for the first time in 6 years!!

Clyde is up to 167k and counting. Did a proper hand wash for the first time in a long time...looks SOOOOOO good!
Wow 6yrs. without power steering? And I thought I roughed it pretty long...

The power steering hose on my old 97’ SLS busted 1 day after dealing with heavy leakage for what must’ve been months. I forgot what the independent Cadillac dealer said it would cost to fix the entire power steering system but it was some upsurd amount of money so I just went ahead and drove the car with no power steering for the last year I owned it.

When I sold it I got some calls and 1 guy asked what was wrong with the car and I ran down the list including the No Power Steering like I had mentioned in the add... So he says “ok, no power steering, so I’ll just bring a bottle of power steering fluid. No problem”

I said, “no no, you don’t understand, this car has No power steering meaning there is no power steering in this car... Even if you bring some fluid there ain’t even no hoses for you to dump the fluid into”! Lmao.

His response was “oh damn”

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,314 Posts

The power steering hose on my old 97’ SLS busted 1 day after dealing with heavy leakage for what must’ve been months. I forgot what the independent Cadillac dealer said it would cost to fix the entire power steering system but it was some upsurd amount of money so I just went ahead and drove the car with no power steering for the last year I owned it.

When I sold it I got some calls and 1 guy asked what was wrong with the car and I ran down the list including the No Power Steering like I had mentioned in the add... So he says “ok, no power steering, so I’ll just bring a bottle of power steering fluid. No problem”

I said, “no no, you don’t understand, this car has No power steering meaning there is no power steering in this car... Even if you bring some fluid there ain’t even no hoses for you to dump the fluid into”! Lmao.

His response was “oh damn”

No power steering builds muscles 😁 No need to work out at the gym.

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,425 Posts

We're about the same hahaha, my fence wreck was 1/14, and that bleepin' Subaru hit me 5/16, so she's been stored since then. Doesn't help she's 2 hours away, makes working on things much slower.

Still be nice though!

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,282 Posts
Installed Nordlock washers on bolts for lower front struts. The damn CTS just kept going out of wheel alignment.

Tinman noticed it was a common problem among CTS-Vs and led me on the solution.

The mechanic told me that with the new washers and bolts tightened until you shit your pants - the damn thing will never move again.

Wheel alignment scheduled for tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18101 - 18106 of 18106 Posts