Cadillac Owners Forum banner

18061 - 18072 of 18072 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,172 Posts
It’s the biggest we have. And it’s even imported. Old sand flat with vegetation...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
And we try our best to be American. Here is another improvised Corona activity.

Drive-In concert. First time ever in Denmark. But as you can see, only one Cadillac on the lot.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,733 Posts
That Mazda6 wagon though <3

I wish we got those here.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,052 Posts
There's no such thing as rock on Kent Island - it's all sand and clay. Nice "rocks" up the Potomac from Great Falls to western Maryland. Harper's Ferry is plenty rocky - confluence of the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers.

west-virginia-harpers-ferry.jpg

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Harpers Ferry is unique! What a beautiful place! And full of history too. The canal from the East Coast from old times before trains and roads.
And if I remember correctly from my riad trip with my father, we went up into the woods to find old trenches from the civil war??? My memory starts to fade - it was in 2010.

I just read a book on the civil war and it was close by General Lee crossed over the Potomac and went into hostile territory and ultimately got beaten by the union army at Gettysburg despite the pretty disorganised effort from the Nortern command.

I was surprised that the officers from north and south knew each other that well. The book describes how General Armistead was sent towards Hancocks division (into certain death). Armistead actually made up Cemetary ridge, got deadly wounded and said to the nearest Northern officer: “tell General Hancock I’m so sorry” - and died.

I don’t give a shit about Corona. These guys were pulled through hell, and died like real heroes - no matter if they were union or confederate.

Thats all I wanted to say. Have a nice evening.

·
Registered
2019 XT5 PL
11 Posts
Installed a Viofo dash cam model 119 v3. I installed it pretty much the standard way davedogcaddy outlined in his very informative post.
The only hickup I had was when I brought the wiring down the A pillar (passenger side) and behind the glovebox to the center console area.
After removing the upper trim piece and side panel I could not even see the wiring to the power outlet. I didn't try the driver side for access
to it. What I ended up doing was dropping down into the storage area from above and plugging the 12v to 5v USB converter into the power
outlet and then plugging the USB cable from the camera into it. It's not how I wanted to do it but that power outlet wasn't going to be used
for anything and it's so out of the way it isn't noticeable unless you look for it.

·
Registered
2011 DTS
2 Posts
Nice "rocks" up the Potomac from Great Falls to western Maryland. Harper's Ferry is plenty rocky - confluence of the Shenandoah and Potomac Rivers.
Nice man I'm down the road north of Richmond. Harper's Ferry and Shenandoah are my weekend getaways.

Today I started cleaning the engine compartment of this 2011 DTS I recently purchased, now that most of the under-hood maintenance and service is done. It's going to be a lot of work, I don't think it was ever cleaned and it was leaking oil for a long time.

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,408 Posts
I was surprised that the officers from north and south knew each other that well.
It's been widely said that the Civil War was unique in that it pitted brother against brother, and at times father against son. Dark times those were.

Got a highway trip in a few days ago, love the odd history I discover on my trips. WY 371 is a state route (focus of my trips) that goes from I-80 north to the town of Superior. Superior cropped up in the early 20th century as Union Pacific formed a mine there to supply their steam locomotives with coal. As the diesel locomotive came into favor (and the steam locomotive fell out of favor), the town shrank. Still some people there, though nowhere near the heyday of the 40s. The rail line has long since been pulled up even.

Alexandra is in need of fuel, think I will treat her to some ethanol free unleaded. May have the old rack out next week. We shall see.

·
Registered
13 Posts
IT WAS A COLD, POLAR VORTEX DAY HERE AT THE JERSEY SHORE....
and a bit windy..

yesterday, my MYSTERY BUCKET, from Adam's Polishes showed up at my door.
i dont know who has heard of the mystery bucket, but basically, you pay a flat rate for random detailing supplies.
the current deal is 69.99 for a bucket full of shit worth at least $120.
turn out the contents of my bucket added up to $314.50
not too shabby! thanks Adams!

anyhow, in that bucket was some Glass sealant.
i normally just use Rain-X, i but since i got it, im gonna USE it!

just for fun, i put a fresh application of rain-x on the truck and the Adam's stuff on the caddy.
since i washed the cars at the same time, im sure that it will rain tomorrow.

·
Banned
2010 Cadillac STS
3 Posts
Put nitrogen in the tires. I did this in my last 2 cars and I never had to add air even once. As long as you never get a nail in the tire, I love nitrogen. They say you can get better gas mileage and all that, but I don't know if I believe that. I just like not having my low tire light come on anymore. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Truck stuff.

It all started with code...
Banks 1 and 2 lean....
I was just going to replace the intake manifold gaskets, turned into..
Valley cover gasket
Knock sensor seals
Knock sensors
Knock sensor wiring harness
Valve cover gaskets
Valve cover bolt grommets
A/C belt
Fuel injector o-rings
PCV valve
PCV hose
Fuel pressure regulator hose
Brake booster hose
Oil Pressure sensor
AND INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKETS.

I successfully made a 3 hour project take an entire Week!

18061 - 18072 of 18072 Posts