Cadillac Owners Forum banner

18021 - 18040 of 18076 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.
Bought a 55 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S in March. Changed the points, plugs, distributer cap, and belts, Changed the glass bowl gas filter and ran a new gas hose to the fuel pump. Replaced the taillight lenses with some real nice ones!

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
8,698 Posts
Bought a 55 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S in March. Changed the points, plugs, distributer cap, and belts, Changed the glass bowl gas filter and ran a new gas hose to the fuel pump. Replaced the taillight lenses with some real nice ones!
Welcome aboard.
You must show us pics of that '55!

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,734 Posts
New subs for the Corvette... sold some 18s that I had laying around and used some of the proceeds for these. Pardon the messy wiring on the right side - just a screen grab from a quick demo video:

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,734 Posts
It's pretty loud. Admittedly, I bought the box, but it looks pretty decent. I suck as a carpenter, so box building isn't my strong suit.

·
Registered
1972 Eldorado Convertible (and 5 other daily drivers in the family - nothing special)
15 Posts
Nice Stingroo...my baby can't do anything like that!
Despite the fact that my car is still in the barn and I cant get it out until near the end of April, I went shopping (online)...new molded carpets and floor mats with emblems, new soundproofing for the floor, new 600W amp and speakers/subwoofer...and away we go!

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,085 Posts
Removed the dealer and awd badges from the rear. Now has a clean and balanced look. First is my car before, 2nd is an XTS just like mine but without the badges (wasn't able to take an after photo).

·
Registered
19,734 Posts
And your numbers were?
Oops thought I posted those too. First run was just with the dirty street tune we did. We plugged a wideband in to the exhaust and drove around with a laptop for ~30 minutes to make it function. This definitely cleaned it up and got some results.

·
Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
1,085 Posts
Dealer badges still exist?:confused:
They do where I live. Mine was not too bad, plastic chromed with name of dealer and underneath the Cadillac Badge and script, but the rear did not look balanced to me, so I took it and the AWD off.

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,413 Posts
Clyde is coming up on 152k

New front pipe to cure the howl above 4k rpm. I do believe this will do the trick.

Down to Laramie this week, weather should be more than cooperative.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
709 Posts
Drove to the big city today:D and saw a couple late model Mustangs. I gotta say, they’re looking very good these days. Seems to have plenty of power and the looks...:cool:. Wonder how quiet the cabin is. You can still get a stick too although I heard their 10 speed auto is pretty nice. Hmmm

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,663 Posts
Drove to the big city today:D and saw a couple late model Mustangs. I gotta say, they’re looking very good these days. Seems to have plenty of power and the looks...:cool:. Wonder how quiet the cabin is. You can still get a stick too although I heard their 10 speed auto is pretty nice. Hmmm
They aren't Cadillac quiet for sure. Wind noise is low, road noise is not unless you add some sound deadening in the trunk but many of us go another route and use an aftermarket exhaust to turn UP the volume of the beautiful sounding high revving 32 valve V8.

Surprisingly, the seats are as comfortable as my Cadillac. I've driven many 1,000 mile days and felt great when I arrived.

And Ford at least let me order adaptive cruise with the manual which Cadillac didn't offer for my ATS.

My Mustang:

My grandkids' Mustang:

·
Registered
19,734 Posts
The 10 speed is amazing.

My buddy has a 2020 Camaro with it. That thing is lightning quick to shift.

I'm faster, though. lol

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,177 Posts
Rented a 2.3 last time I drove a Mustang. It did a decent job with the 10 speed. But too much shifting for me in auto. As a sequential it is perfect. Always a gear for staying at the turbo engines sweet spot.

Found out during this holiday trip that a Mustang or Camaro would not work for me as a family car. Difficult to look out the windows and too confined space in the trunk and rear seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
8,698 Posts
@Hoosier Daddy , your '16 looks like my brother's a li'l bit.

He bought a yellow '16 GT manual brand new, modded the snot out of it and sold it about 4 months ago. He picked up an XT5 for a daily, then quickly realized he still "needed" a 'stang. This GT M6 already has some intake, suspension, and exhaust mods, but he has since started shopping for a new supercharger. Nearly new at 9800 miles...

18021 - 18040 of 18076 Posts