Cadillac Owners Forum banner

17981 - 18000 of 18023 Posts

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
681 Posts
I ordered some brakemotive drilled rotors for the front but I’m still deciding on which type of pads to get, ceramic, sintered, cf/combo or OEM? I also see listings for JE5, J56 or Brembos. I have Brembos of course but I thought (they) were the performance brakes. What the?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just looked at my v sport... kinda nervous to drive it. The trifecta tune (thanks again Michael) makes it nearly impossible to keep my foot off the pedal. And with this rear end issue....

·
Registered
1990 Coupe DeVille
2 Posts
Nice,

I had a cream puff silver 91 Coupe. Needed a few more ponies but I sure liked it. Was surprised to find the fenders were fiberglass.
Awesome. I've seen only a handful of the 90's cream puff / pearl Coupes out there. Agreed, so many of the cars I checked out prior to locating this one had cracked quarter panels and other components. Not the chrome of Grand-Daddy's day, but I guess you gotta shed a few pounds somewhere. Ha!

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,719 Posts
Those C-body Deville coupes are handsome cars. I would drive one as a daily.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V Frost Edition 6MT Coupe
5 Posts
Technically this was yesterday, but took my '16 ATS-V Frost 6M Coupe on it's first road trip! Drove back from the central coast to LA through the mountains and the rain along the beautiful Pacific Coast Highway. What a combo this car is, happy to comfortably eat up miles and then turn into a monster when it needs to.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Seriously, absolutely not as a restoration project. If you have really great friends who will do work for you cheap, it might make a cool rat rod/resto-mod. Even at that it would take an incredible amount of time and money.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1997 ETC
4,930 Posts
If i can get it for 3K or less, id still have to spend to have it transported to me here in WA from MN.

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
563 Posts
Uncovered the war wagon after a long winter's nap in the backyard. Drove her about 40 miles and assessed the imminent needs. Grabbing right front brake, leaky power steering pressure side hose, and rust. Engine compartment fuel and trans cooler lines replacement on the horizon. Otherwise, I know every square inch of the car and have a notebook full of work I did over the years. Last big project was a new stereo w/ subwoofer in 2014.

Attachments

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,719 Posts
Nice. I need to work on my wagon some more... :(

·
Registered
19,719 Posts
Bought a little electric pressure washer and a foam cannon. Solid investment.

Gave the wagon a bath after seeing rockit's post.

·
Registered
2016 ATS4 2.0T
127 Posts
Nice wash. We're not allowed to wash our cars in the driveway anymore (city bylaw), so this is becoming a pretty rare site. This bylaw is cropping up in more and more cities too.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,531 Posts
........ to the car, nothing: It's asleep in the garage.

Vacuumed out the Explorer and did weekly underhood checks. AOK.

Car wash - piece of cake when you live in deep woods, on a good well, with no one living closer than 150 yards.............

LR view.JPG

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,292 Posts
Nice wash. We're not allowed to wash our cars in the driveway anymore (city bylaw), so this is becoming a pretty rare site. This bylaw is cropping up in more and more cities too.
=======================
We're not allowed to wash our cars in the driveway anymore
the new Peoples Republic of Canada?

17981 - 18000 of 18023 Posts