Cadillac Owners Forum banner

17961 - 17980 of 18000 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
The longer I watched Monday afternoon the more concerned I got.
Same here. Announcer puppeteers are known to suppress really bad news. When a corner-worker ran under a rear tire of Willy T. Ribbs' Indycar, the announcers soon reported he had a broken arm. It had been shown briefly at normal speed but if you played it back in slo-mo on your VCR, he looked like a sack of laundry when he landed. Yeah, he had a broken arm, along with every other bone in his body. That flashed in my mind when they announced well after the race that Newman injuries were not life threatening and hoped that wasn't because he was already dead.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,716 Posts
Yeah and the look on Gordon's face was not very convincing....

BUT - happily, all seems to have worked out.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac SRX Sport AWD Export (ex Japan RHD)
17 Posts
New here.. But I searched high and low for a paint code and had no luck :( Going to start a post to help figure out my paint/interior color.
Look for this sticker (could be in the trunk). The number marked with a red line is the paint color code.
Search that color code on google and you'll find what color it is.
I just did that this morning for my car.

·
Premium Member
1997 ETC
4,929 Posts
So for awhile she's been sitting with damaged front and rear bumpers, mostly just pushed in absorbers due to driving in ice here in SE Washington. So this week i got that taken care of and gave her a quick exterior detailing, cleaned up her engine bay, installed new dog bones, and replaced the oil filter adapter. and installed new 10" Infinity Kappa 500w rms subs along with a new D class Orion Amp @1100w rms. New Continental tires. Shes still going strong.

And i started a new job with the US dept of Energy, working at Bonneville Power Administration doing the Desktop support. 2020, so far, so good. After being in Healthcare IT for 14+ years, this is definately different, but i work with a bunch of cool people that i enjoy helping.

Figured ill upgrade to premium for my membership here, i still enjoy this community.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,716 Posts
Car's looking good. Cool to see a couple of people who have kept them for all these years.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
So for awhile she's been sitting with damaged front and rear bumpers, mostly just pushed in absorbers due to driving in ice here in SE Washington. So this week i got that taken care of and gave her a quick exterior detailing, cleaned up her engine bay, installed new dog bones, and replaced the oil filter adapter. and installed new 10" Infinity Kappa 500w rms subs along with a new D class Orion Amp @1100w rms. New Continental tires. Shes still going strong.

And i started a new job with the US dept of Energy, working at Bonneville Power Administration doing the Desktop support. 2020, so far, so good. After being in Healthcare IT for 14+ years, this is definately different, but i work with a bunch of cool people that i enjoy helping.

Figured ill upgrade to premium for my membership here, i still enjoy this community.

View attachment 578697
Looking great Vincent!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,394 Posts
Got the Dad Cad serviced. New oil and tires are rotated. Wasn't a lot of fun with the ice, but it's done.

Clyde is good at 145,700

Got to at least start Alexandra. Would be nice if the weather started to cooperate.

·
Registered
1980 Eldorado, 1974 Talisman, 2004 Volvo C70, 1975 Fleetwood 'd Elegance
7,958 Posts
Got the Dad Cad serviced. New oil and tires are rotated. Wasn't a lot of fun with the ice, but it's done.

Clyde is good at 145,700

Got to at least start Alexandra. Would be nice if the weather started to cooperate.
OMG, you're driving the wheels off that truck!
Certainly getting your money's worth from Clyde.

·
Premium Member
1997 ETC
4,929 Posts
Looking great Vincent!

Yea its been sitting off an on for quite some time now. the old dog bones were so bad that i had smoke from underneath the hood. Turns out the rubber got so brittle it broke off and was melting near the water crossover, causing it to smoke, scraped all that off, thankfully that was it and not the damn heater pipes, i dread having to replace those. But i have some new ones on standby when the time comes, not if, but when, as they tend to rust out over the years.

Other than that, yea i still drive her and still get compliments and looks. Yesterday i drove it right through a meet up of a bunch of millenials and their pokemon ricer rockets car meet. Just had to troll them for a bit there with the sound system bumping some Al Green Love and Happiness playing on the subs lol

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 1995 Buick Century 1972 Ford Maverick Coupe
20 Posts
Wasn't today but yesterday I put a new Catalytic Convertor on my 1990 Cadillac Sedan DeVille and gave it a very heavy duty washing. Its shines so pretty on its Dark Garnet Red

·
Registered
2005 Deville
164 Posts
My 86 Century T Type has kept me busy this winter. I had to take half the dash apart to replace a leaking heater core, then I had to replace the MAF and just when I thought things would be OK for a bit, the transmission started slipping in 3rd gear. The transmission fluid is clean and pink, there are no leaks but it's too cold for me to go under the car and drop the transmission pan.

·
Registered
19,716 Posts
Put another 200 miles on it. 272,555 and counting.

·
Premium Member
1997 ETC
4,929 Posts
California duster, filled the tank, dumped some Techron in it. Now to chase down the shimmy im getting when i brake.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
OMG, you're driving the wheels off that truck!
Certainly getting your money's worth from Clyde.

Yup! 146,600 and counting

Got the steering rack disconnected from the front wheels, going to have to bite the bullet and drop the rear of the subframe to get the old rack out. Just no room up there.

Then the new one goes in, likely dolly tow her up to Casper, them hopefully get some real progress going!

·
Registered
19,716 Posts
Glad to hear Clyde has been such a good truck for you.

Any major issues thus far?

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
Glad to hear Clyde has been such a good truck for you.

Any major issues thus far?
Thank you Ray!

I've had a number of recalls performed, there was no issues prior to any of them, and no issues since then.

at 91k I had the RR axle seal replaced under warranty, found that at about 81k when the parking brake stuck on that side. The servicing dealer did the oil cooler lines at that time for no charge too, and pointed out that the radiator was leaking.

Radiator made it to 140,874 miles. The condenser developed a massive leak (K2 problem) at 133k. I waited until my bodyshop saga was over, then decided to replace the radiator, condenser, hoses, tstat, and assorted front end parts, so I was able to knock that all out at once.

The 8 speed has been good for me so far. Lately the 1-2 shift can be pronounced throughout the day, while the rest of the shifts are A-ok. Got my differential and t-case fluids coming, as well as my trans filter (already have the new trans fluid). So I may do my driveline service early. That would be next week, and I have a chance to retorque the valve body bolts on the trans.

And absolutely NO Chevy Shake!

How's Goldilocks since the heart transplant?

17961 - 17980 of 18000 Posts