Cadillac Owners Forum banner

17921 - 17940 of 17956 Posts

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,373 Posts
After my personal inspection of my right front fender (read: paint removal and exposure of their previous Bondo hack job), the body shop felt some serious shame, or so it seemed. They were fairly apologetic when I dropped Clyde off for take 2 on the 23rd. Got him back on the 26th and they did a good job.

REALLY good.

Like no bondo good.

Like brand new good.

Turns out they replaced the fender. I am quite pleased with that, as there's no concern for rust going forward, the body lines once again match up like they should, and after 2 impacts to that particular section of the fender, I was leery that they would be able to get everything to hammer back out. They did a hell of a job on paint and alignment too, so all's well that ends well.

Took some me time, starts in about a week, will be able to tackle my end of Clyde's growing list. Hopefully get moving on Alexandra too, the past couple trips have been starts only.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,691 Posts

She's 95% ready to go to her new home. Just need to get a new water pump replacement to slap on the front and that's it.

Bringing the car to the shop at work on Monday. Excited!

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,019 Posts
Went on a test in a brand new 3.0L Tuareg diesel around Venice, Italy.
Was happy to be a Cadillac owner. Despite 286 bhp and 600 nm in the Tuareg it was slow taking off. Extreme delay in building turbo pressure made you press a bit harder taking off. The response is downshift extending the delay further. When the right gear was found, all 600 nm came out. Talk about jerky ride.
One impressive thing was upshifting taking place at low revs. Going 70 kmh shifting from 5th to 6th gear made the engine turn 900 rpm in full lock up. No vibes, no sound. A V12 could not do it better. Easy to reach >35 mpg in mixed driving.
Saw a bit of Venice too. No tourists a night time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,691 Posts
Yup! The lady who owned it before me used to tow a sport bike with it.

I'll use it for a trailer with race tires and tools. One of my goals this year is to get two pairs of Z06 rear wheels (18x10.5) and some track tires.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts

That's not supposed to be there...

·
Registered
19,691 Posts

Old engine removed. Might have to see what clutch the car had and get another one.... it's very nice.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
1,019 Posts
Test trip in Cartagena Spain. Next few days at the wsbk track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
Ordered a few more parts and pieces for the Vette....

• New Clutch - it was about 7 years old, and I'd say about 70% worn, so I figure while we're in there....
  • New slave cylinder - obvious with the above.
  • New oil temp sensor - old one broke as soon as it was touched.
  • New oxygen sensor pigtail for driver's side - it was half melted.
  • New motor mounts - they were.... well they were something.
  • New oil cooler lines - one of them had a leak, and the cradle was disgustingly dirty because of it.
  • Remote bleeder for clutch - man, if you've ever owned an LS car and DON'T get one of these..... you're doing it wrong.

17921 - 17940 of 17956 Posts