Cadillac Owners Forum banner

17881 - 17898 of 17898 Posts

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,660 Posts
I've driven a few of them. I still don't get it lol

As for today - finished installing the stereo in the Corvette, finally. Wired up the compression drivers and tinkered with the digital signal processor to let each driver play in its recomended range with minimal overlap. It's LOUD, and clear.

Drove with the roof off to my buddy Phil's house, about 20 minutes, and had a great trip. Just vacation prep now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
first time posting in here but this is one of my projects and definitely not something you see very often. The car is a 2000 Honda Insight, car originally came with a 60hp gas engine and a 13ftlb electric motor assist. I bought the car with the stock engine and it had a bad ima battery which I was able to bypass to keep the car running on the gas only engine for a while. It put down 55hp and 56ftlbs on the local dynojet I tune on lol. I was able to pull 80mpg with good driving techniques on 2+ hour round trips to Portland and back. Got tired of the gutless motor so I decided to build an engine for it, current motor puts down 152/130 to the tire. Just yesterday I put together a close ratio transmission for it basically using parts from a few various d series Honda Tranny’s (no one likes d series stuff, people will literally give parts away) I figured it was the perfect engine for this chassis and as far as I know this is the only d series swapped insight out there. The car scales at 1750lbs or 1950 with me in it, that’s with full interior, power steering, power everything else and a small sub in the trunk. Still has full exhaust, a cat pretty much everything a normal car would have. Its the most go kart feeling Honda I’ve ever owned / built.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,611 Posts
The factory battery in our 2013 ATS has gave the slightest of hesitations on a few starts so I replaced it not wanting the inevitable failure to be while my wife is driving it.

So I bought a Champion H7 AGM from Pep Boys. They normally install for free but since the ATS battery is under a bunch of stuff in the trunk, they wanted ~$50 to install it so I did it myself. Only extra expense was for a set of Torx. The largest I had was a 40 and the tie downs that also secure the panel they are on take a 45 to remove so I bought a set of magnetic tamperproof torx for $15 at HD.

I was slightly worried when I removed the factory battery and saw it was around an inch shorter of length than the new one but the new one fits with a good 3/4 inch to spare. I didn't realize how standardized the shape of batteries were other than the 3 dimensions and post. My second worry was how the battery bracket was form fitted around the topology of the top of the factory battery but it wrapped around the new one fine.

Cadillac mounts a distribution block on top of the battery but it wasn't obvious how to get it off when in the car so I undid some cables I wouldn't have to if I knew how to remove the distribution box from the battery. Once the battery was out, it was clear how to get it off the battery.

One good thing is the new battery must be twice as powerful because both posts had a cover labeled positive on them. ;)

New battery:

Installed with the distribution box back on but cover still open and bracket yet to be reinstalled.:

Distrubution box cover on and ready for the pile of trunk panels to go back in:

Tired puny factory battery:

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,357 Posts
It is weird how standard the sizes are. Clyde's new Autocraft H7 AGM from Advance fit like a glove, and the distribution block on top (much like yours) snapped right on.

T-7 days till shop in for Clyde. Hopefully get a cool rental, we shall see what Enterprise comes up with. The weather seems to want to cooperate this week, so later today (early Tuesday here for me) I will head to Big O with my tires and wheels and have them mounted and balanced. That way, when I get him back from the body shop, I will be ready to mount the new stuff right up. Likely will have to wait till after body shop time to replace my cooling system parts. Not wanting to tackle such a big job with a finite amount of time to do it in.

Been awhile since I've been to Laramie. Need to head that way!

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,660 Posts
I'm back from my big vacation road trip! Those of you who have me on Facebook have seen it... I will write up a separate thread here. I saw the USA in my Chevrolet (and was twice as efficient as the Cadillac in the process!)

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Clyde is in the shop. I believe they started on him today. The guy I requested had a family emergency, so he sat all last week. I had the option to get him, but I figured it would be quicker (and allow for sleep) if I left him there. He's earned a break as it is.

Got an 18 Wrangler Unlimited. Not a bad little ride, handles nice. Ride is firm, but it does well on the worn out dirt roads we have around here. Interior is spartan! I find it fascinating these are so popular in today's age. No infotainment, manual seats, hard plastics all over the interior. I do appreciate the simplicity of it though. A nice change of pace...though I do miss my leather buckets...and everything else about Clyde. Soon.

Had a unfortunate occurrence Saturday morning. Was coming back to the highway after a back-roads cruise on dirt, and I hit a cattle guard a little harder than I expected. May need to get the RF tire checked out. Won't hold air very well, I can inflate it to 41 psi and I come out after work (or sleep) and it's down to 20. Most mystifying thing is I cannot for the life of me find any damage. Wheel isn;t out of round that I can see, bead seems to seat properly all around. I did the soap bubble test this morning when I got home and didn't see anything obvious. Maybe I ran over a nail I haven't seen in the tread. I'll go ask tomorrow, see if they're OK with me putting on the spare.

·
Registered
2003 Deville
18 Posts
Bought new tires for the 2003 Deville I bought in May, what a difference -- random vibrations at highway speeds, it's the road surface, it's not the road surface, it's something seriously wrong.... It's like a damn hovercraft now! On decent asphalt the only sign that you are accelerating is wind noise and motor noise. Cooper Evolution Tour All- Season Radial, less than $300 installed, Amazon/Sears Auto Center. It was on my to do list but moved to the front when something that looked like a stone arrowhead pierced one of the old tires.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Must have hit a bad weld on that cattle guard. One free patch later and the Jeep rolls on.

Checked on Clyde, he's in one of the paint booths with his RF fender and RF door prepped and ready to go. They said they'd try to get him back by Thanksgiving, but I told them to take their time, I want quality over speed any day.

May see if I can keep the Jeep a couple more days after I get Clyde back. Would be nice to have backup while I dig into the condenser/radiator project.

Forgot my lights but remembered my sledgehammer last week, so the left tie rod end is now disconnected from the knuckle on Alexandra. Small steps. 🙂

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Clyde is tucked away in one of the bodyshop garages. I believe he's done, just didn't get up in time on Wednesday. I'll be glad to have him back, but man I have a list a mile long.

Wyoming is closed.

Winter storm rolling through. Expecting 5-10 inches locally, up to 2 feet in the NE corner. No roads out of town open. I-80 is closed nearly border to border, and I-25 is except for Cheyenne to Colorado. This would be one time I would be disappointed at getting called off....well, maybe not.

·
Registered
2006 DTS
189 Posts
Swapped out the nice weather floor mats for the rubberized winter floor mats. Just in time for the snow storm that passed through.

·
Registered
19,660 Posts
Bleh. Snow storms... I do not miss that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Today i got my 1985 Seville back. I had left and right ball joints replaced also replaced the rear adjustable air shocks then replaced the power steering pump and last but not least had the oil pan gasket replaced.
Cadillac.jpg

·
Registered
19,660 Posts
Sweet! Can't remember the last time I saw a bustleback Seville on the road. Cool to see one get love.

17881 - 17898 of 17898 Posts