Cadillac Owners Forum banner

17861 - 17880 of 17898 Posts

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,357 Posts
I like that....quick internet search suggested Bar Keeper's Friend...I have Ajax and Borla's SS polish, so I can try that. Will get some oven cleaner too. Thank you!

·
Registered
2004 SRX N* AWD
697 Posts
I use Mother's Mag and Aluminum Polish. Works great for me. If you want to really shine and smooth them up - Autosol Metal Polish, followed by 2000, then 3000 grit Autobody sandpaper.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,659 Posts
Put air in the tires? So it's sitting? Send it to me - I'll take good care of it for you.

·
Super Moderator
2010 Platinum Escalade, 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
6,440 Posts
I'm ashamed to say yes, it has been sitting more than it should

I think its received 10k miles in the last almost 4yrs

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,659 Posts
So yeah, send it to me. It'll be happier here.

I saw a white 2dr with rear barn doors that was slammed on nice black 454 SS wheels.

I wanted it :(

·
Super Moderator
6,440 Posts
Heheheheheheee, I wish!

.....unless I stumble on to one priced right.

I have a 1998 parts dually for my dually project that has everything I need. It'll get turned up, but prob not quite as high as LSX power though

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
Dually project? Do tell

Dad's DTS got a new AIR pump. Odd it went south at such low mileage, but what can you do.

Still waiting on the bodyshop. Fog Lamp on the left has persistent moisture, so I may go ahead and replace that, and inspect the old one for failure points. I sealed around the lens to body seam with clear silicone, not sure what the deal is. Maybe I will use gasket maker this time.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
928 Posts
Just drove a few days in a Mustang with the ecoboost and ten-speed tranny.

It is the worst power train in any modern car I tried.

The chassi was good. Real fun. But completely screwed by an ever changing, no control, jerky transmission and an engine with no high end torque and shaky behaviour every time you dump the turbo pressure.

No ecoboost for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,659 Posts
And only 25mpg highway?

Yikes. That's not that great.

Haven't done much to the cars lately. Changed the oil in the Corvette because the OLM got to 15%. My buddy who changed it for me at his shop when he did the rear diff a few months back must have superhuman strength because I couldn't get the drain plug off on my back, so I took it to work and one of the techs even had to use an air chisel on it. Oops. New plug and all is well.

Escalade running just fine as well. Head gasket fix was a success. Going to use it to pick up the wife from the airport on Wednesday before we leave for our big Corvette road trip. Excited!

·
Super Moderator
6,440 Posts
I hate this dually. Its been an on going project in my shop for the last couple of years. Its to the point now that I've pushed it into the corner because I'm so disenchanted with the build. Its close to me driving it again, 2-3hrs and it'd be back on the road. Maybe one day soon.

·
Registered
19,659 Posts
I like that. What's stopping you?

I feel that way about the wagon right now. It's pushed in the corner of the garage and covered in stuff.

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,610 Posts
And only 25mpg highway?

Yikes. That's not that great.

Haven't done much to the cars lately. Changed the oil in the Corvette because the OLM got to 15%. My buddy who changed it for me at his shop when he did the rear diff a few months back must have superhuman strength because I couldn't get the drain plug off on my back, so I took it to work and one of the techs even had to use an air chisel on it. Oops. New plug and all is well.
Always install a drain valve. Your experience is one of numerous reasons to do so.

My thread here (but out of date due to US distributor changing and other developments): https://www.cadillacforums.com/threads/oil-drain-valve-for-ats.560106/

Here is a current thread on another forum (not sure if owned by same company as this one):

·
Super Moderator
6,440 Posts
Laziness and lack of motivation. When you haven't driven something in a couple of years, its tough to keep moving forward. I try to limit my projects to 6mo when possible. I've been enjoying playing jeep lately, so much so that I,,,,,,I mean coco,,,,,bought another one.

Its the time of year when I spend time in the shop being more productive because its not a million degrees. I want an LS in the jeep, but won't allow myself to do it until the dually is finished. I hope that'll get the dually on the road, and eventually sold.

·
Super Moderator
6,440 Posts
Speaking of the jeep, guess I better post a pic of it, or y'all might think it didn't happen

Headed home

Issa baby jeep!

After paint correction

This is what happens when I'm left at home with no supervision

MURICA!!!

·
Registered
19,659 Posts
It's a Jeep thing, and I don't understand. :)

But yeah I'm there right now with the wagon. Last year I made so much progress, drove it for the first time since 2014, and then just lost interest when I got the Corvette. The Corvette runs, drives, stops, steers, has AC, is faster.... oops.

I don't know man.

·
Registered
6,357 Posts
I hear ya there. I get wistful when I start up Alexandra, but the list is long, and intimidating.

I was going strong with Clyde, then life got in the way, and I got to tinkering with my brother's old Camaro. It's slower, but it's LOW and that thing handles like a go cart. Unexpected fun! Factor in my stupid infatuation with seat adjustment in Clyde, and he's not as fun anymore. That and I get way too OCD about some things. Box protector gaps, wheel finish damage, seat adjustment, I need to take a damn chill pill and enjoy him again!

Fortunately, with the deer thing, that brought him back front and center. Got parts for that, parts for the condenser, parts for the radiator, beautification parts for the front end, new fog lamps sans moisture (hopefully), four shiny new wheels with shiny new center caps and shiny new TMPS sensors and shiny beefy new tires and it will be like he's new again. And I have a project again. I know I can work on Alexandra too, it's just breaking things into smaller goals and going for it. That and my sister's car is a brand new Equinox and Dad's DTS is back to top shape, so hopefully I can focus on MY cars for once (and the weather will cooperate). We shall see.

Part of it is learning to accept Clyde's aging. He's not brand new anymore, and I drive like I get paid to, so stuff will wear from time to time. No biggie, just a new project. It's finding the time that drive me up the wall and across the ceiling.

EjS, in June I drove a rental to Denver to fly to Arkansas to get my dad's latest hot rod, an 09 DTS. The rental was a brand new vert Mustang with the 4 pot and the 10 speed trans. It did ok, though 99 percent of the driving was highway, so I can't attest to the lurchiness of it. Had no issue reaching 122 before I decided I did not want to torch a driveshaft at 2 am in desolate Wyoming. That said, it felt slow. Like really slow. Like Clyde could take it to the cleaners slow. All noise and no action.

That and the fuel economy was comparable, I think around 25-26. I had to put a little in to make it to the airport (did the pay in advance for a tank, ended up coming out ahead on that one). May be comparing apples to oranges here, but Clyde can make it to Denver and back to Cheyenne if I start with a full tank. I think Alexandra is comparable. "economy" minded car should do better, not worse.

So what are the plans for THIS Jeep MrHolland?

·
Super Moderator
6,440 Posts
Roo, drive a jeep, and the temptation will be there, not a newer jeep, but a TJ

Luke, Wow, you have a lot goin on!! That's too bad about the mustang.

Not much I don't think, maybe the rims and tires that came off the silver jeep. I bought it to sell, price was right. After getting it home though, maybe we'll keep it for a while so we're not battling to drive the one jeep we have.

17861 - 17880 of 17898 Posts