Cadillac Owners Forum banner

17841 - 17860 of 17898 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Deville
18 Posts
Seems kind of quiet here. My 2003 DeVille has picked up a bad habit from its cousin, the '94 Corvette -- it just wants to go fast. It was sedate when I bought it and drove like it had just completed driver's ed, but after it got jealous sitting out some weekends and hearing about how the Vette went vroom, all it wants to do is hit it.

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,659 Posts
It is a little quiet right now.

Love later-C4s. Hate climbing in and out of them. My C5 is significantly easier to maneuver in.

Haven't done much to any of the cars lately. Escalade has a nasty vacuum leak from the evap solenoid on the intake. Need to order another one. Did pull the RF wheel off the Corvette to bend the brake duct away from the rotor. It's scored a bit, but I'm not worried about it, and at least the horrible sound is gone.

Thursday, hopefully, finishing the audio install. Then just need to make a trim panel to mount the digital signal processor and clean up the rats nest of wires currently visible behind the seat.

·
Registered
2004 SRX N* AWD
697 Posts
Had the injectors and Throttle Body cleaned today, plus 8 new coils (ones on there were as old as the car is I believe). Does make a difference to the idle and acceleration of the SRX.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,150 Posts
Yesterday, about 1130 EDT - started it up (first time in 2.5 weeks) and drove 65 miles to Chesapeake City for lunch with another CF member and our wives. Nice time, great seafood. Back in the garage at 4 PM. No problems and did a couple of "engine exercises" going and coming.

Looked good in the parking lot - a Crimson Pearl STS near a Crimson Pearl XLR. No pix - maybe next time.

·
Registered
2010 Cadillac CTS Performance Wagon
23 Posts
Nothing yet, check's in the mail to the dealer, hopefully it'll be on the truck to me next week! I changed my EGR valve in the RAM Hemi yesterday. Had to get it smogged, mechanic offered to do it for $260! No thanks, $50 and a cold beer later done!

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,659 Posts
Drove it about 350 miles to Miami and back on my day off yesterday.

Fun day. Spent the whole day with the roof off.

·
Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 🙄
7,023 Posts
Spent the whole day with the roof off.
On purpose this time :D
Sorry Ray, couldn't resist.

Actually had a coworker do the exact same thing with his '84 vette over 20 years ago on his way to work.
Just missed the car behind him; he got lucky.
I found a blue roof for his red Corvette super cheap and hooked him up with my body guy who painted it black so it would appear like the [original] tinted targa. Came out nice.

·
Registered
2013 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury
928 Posts
Left Caddy at repair shop yesterday. Had alignment problems. Seems like new arms in suspension are needed (dont know the word). Costs 910 usd plus installation. Bushings in the arms were shot.

But will not worry. Going on holiday. Just arrived in LA. Will have to survive two days in hell (aka Disney) with the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
630 Posts
Left Caddy at repair shop yesterday. Had alignment problems. Seems like new arms in suspension are needed (dont know the word). Costs 910 usd plus installation. Bushings in the arms were shot.

But will not worry. Going on holiday. Just arrived in LA. Will have to survive two days in hell (aka Disney) with the family.

You’re not too far to escape! Head up to the Sequoai National forest, Kings Canyon/Sequoia NP north of Bakersfield and east of Fresno. Gorgeous country! I live about 80 miles to the north, just south of Yosemite but I hadn't been up here for awhile. Nice day for a ride.
8279E013-8E34-4BDB-B74E-D468F776E63F.jpeg
502DD79F-65AC-4B02-BE66-EB85EAA40DBB.jpeg
05D9978A-5CD4-4FF8-B29D-F2508E565AD5.jpeg
B7EA5079-881A-4D38-8CCF-9F7BBDA7A06A.jpeg
45BEA894-A81D-4320-9984-4ADD6C77054A.jpeg
EBA2739C-5555-48A1-B108-9E2793129FB1.jpeg
5CE95AFC-9C53-4238-AC8E-41BF8F3D8DDE.jpeg

·
Registered
19,659 Posts
On purpose this time :D
Sorry Ray, couldn't resist.

Actually had a coworker do the exact same thing with his '84 vette over 20 years ago on his way to work.
Just missed the car behind him; he got lucky.
I found a blue roof for his red Corvette super cheap and hooked him up with my body guy who painted it black so it would appear like the [original] tinted targa. Came out nice.
lol Yes, very intentional this time.

I ordered a press-in headliner for it. The transparent top is just so f*cking hot in Florida. It's on backorder though, and I won't have it for like 3 more weeks. Better have it before my road trip... lol

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks for the advice Jakerin. I have a round trip after Disney in an RV which will be switched to a car in Las Vegas before heading towards bay area from Death Valley. My route takes me through this area you mention so will be sure to go through and stop there.

Unfortunately, on these travels I can’t limit myself and it always makes a tight schedule.

I can see Kings Canyon is a dead end - but can I go through Sequoia National Forest without too much time loss? (I’m coming down from Lone Pine and thought I would hit the 5 going north).

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
630 Posts
Thanks for the advice Jakerin. I have a round trip after Disney in an RV which will be switched to a car in Las Vegas before heading towards bay area from Death Valley. My route takes me through this area you mention so will be sure to go through and stop there.

Unfortunately, on these travels I can’t limit myself and it always makes a tight schedule.

I can see Kings Canyon is a dead end - but can I go through Sequoia National Forest without too much time loss? (I’m coming down from Lone Pine and thought I would hit the 5 going north).

Right, there’s no thru road over the mountains that far south, the Tioga, hiway 120 to the north in Yosemite is the next closest thru road. Otherwise, south and west around Bakersfield then north. The ‘thru’ road is actually hiways 198 east of Visalia and 99 connecting to 180 east of Fresno and back on 99. 5 is easy to find from there. Use google maps to see how 198 and 180 circles thru the western edge of the Forest and both Parks. Once you’re on 99 N at Visalia the ‘detour’ east on 198 and around to 180 west to 99 at Fresno isn’t as far as it looks. The time you take (in awe) driving thru the forests with those giant sequoias is entirely up to you. :) Have a good trip! BTW, you can also drive thru the western edge of Yosemite taking 99 N to 41 N right past my home into the Park and connect to 120 W alongside the mountain and back towards civilization.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks again. I have google maps and good old paper map with me - so will study your proposals. Really nice with this kind of insider info... sounds like a beautiful home you have there.
(Remember your recommendation on Nepenthe Cafe. That was not bad!!!)

BTW. Searched for RV parking 3 hours today around Anaheim. The official Disney parking lots do not allow overnight parking (we stay at a hotel together with friends).

After complaining to the hotel who first deported me - they said - oh, we have bus parking - you can stay there.

Strange this is the first time this situation appear in Disney. I got sick of all the people already.
Look forward to starring on a cactus for 72 hours in Sonora afterwards.

·
Registered
19,659 Posts
Some audio upgrades yesterday. 8" PRV midbass for the lower door and a 1" exit horn as well. Made my own template to make it all work out of some scrap plywood from cutting hurricane shutters.

Everything fits in the stock locations with no mods to the door, panel, or anything else. Before anyone asks, the reason they are both crooked is because in order for it to fit, they had to share a screw hole. The horn driver is spaced away from the door 1".

But the panel fits just fine:

Massive improvement. The car is incredibly loud and clean with just the 8s. The drivers are wired but not hooked up yet... somehow misplaced the connector for the amp, so I have another one coming.

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,357 Posts
Nice work Ray!

Dad's 09 DTS likely has the AIR pump going out, will probably do that next week. Thought it was the Switching Valve, but after replacing it the problem stuck around.

A couple of weeks back I drove my parts car around the storage unit yard for grins. I forgot how responsive DeVilles are with functional power steering!

Alexandra starts fine, but there's been little time for tinkering. Not working nearly as much, which is nice, but still other stuff to do.

Clyde must be feeling neglected. He's got his deer repair in about a month (The wait is KILLING ME), I have new tires I'm going to mount on new wheels, I have a couple of other front end pieces I'm going to R&R for wear reasons, and I'm hoping at some point to get him properly washed (by hand, with the dual bucket method). On the way back from running errands a week or so ago, I went to hit the AC, and I got A, but no C. Turns out Condensers are a weak point on the K2 trucks, so I have a new one, just gotta get the system evacuated. Since my radiator's glacial pace leak is starting to quicken, I have a new radiator, hoses, and t-stat waiting in the wings as well. I have most of 3 gallons of coolant mixed and ready from my coolant swap attempt last year. Sigh.

I'm really close on my seat adjustment. I don't know what my deal is with that, but I've been farting with that for the past couple of months. Here recently I went snooping through old pictures and have been using those to guide my search. Believe it or not, by using landmarks in the pictures and setting my seat accordingly I've made huge progress.

Did I mention I'm not right in the head? 🙃🤣

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,357 Posts
Any pointers for cleaning Polished Stainless Steel exhaust tips? I'm making some progress but they have some pretty baked on dirt

17841 - 17860 of 17898 Posts