Cadillac Owners Forum banner

17821 - 17830 of 17830 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,577 Posts
Today... was not a good day. My targa top wasn't completely latched so it decided to jettison itself from the car. I picked it back up, luckily (ish...):

Luckily I knew someone with a spare top, so $250 later, all was fixed - but I was really not looking to spend that money on this LOL
Sorry to hear that.

Put a chin strap on the new one.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Drove 700 km from South Denmark to the outskirts of Oslo.
Caddy drove 28.3 mpg. I followed a truck with equipment for a track day so speed was 70 mph on cruise. No aircon.
Drove all 700 km without fuelling. Still have 150 km left in the tank.

Nice trip besides we got stopped by Police at the Norwegian border. Had to unpack everything. When the saw we had no booze or gasoline, they left with us standing there in the dark.

Welcome to Norway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Applied a coat of wax....bought new tires..now on back order Coopers with white walls...the current ones have 19000 miles on them but were purchased by previous owner in 1992! So getting rid of the May Pops..had the power booster replaced yesterday, big difference braking...a fraction of what a brake chain wanted....pays to shop. Ac was converted but still alittle hot...so checking the pressure to see what it should be....had the radio rebuilt got it put back in las Wednesday so stopped for some cassettes at secondhand book shop...AC and body fill parts also on order...8/9 weeks out and should be good to go.....Oh also sold the Miata the Caddy replaced in the garage today.....2002 with 22000 miles to a Friends son, ecstatic to get a low mileage gem....Caddy is so much easier to get in...
Hello Scott, from another semi-newbie : so many resonant points. A friend bought a '97 DeVille with very low miles and hardly any wear on the rear tires, which the seller proudly proclaimed were original! I told her the same thing, that they may have plenty of tread left but you don't know what's going on inside just from age. And as for so much easier to get into, in a three month used car buying frenzy I bought a '94 6-speed Corvette as a companion piece to my 2003 DeVille -- the difference between the two is brought into stark relief if I drive one exclusively long enough to get used to it, then switch. Caddy of course roomy, quiet, comfortable, reassuring -- but just a tad less reassuring on the highway, even after mechanic gave steering, suspension and alignment a clean bill of health. Sometimes expected cliches are based on reality. Well, maybe most of the times...

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
I think I need a vacation.

On paper 48 hours a week doesn't seem like much, but those twelve hour days don't leave much time for anything else.

Alexandra hasn't been getting much attention, she starts fine, just no progress on the rack front.

I hit a deer with Clyde. 😟 It was twilight, those bastards blended into the terrain. The first two got out of the way,and I thought I had the third cleared. I thought wrong.

Miraculously, all I got was a webbed (and likely hosed) bumper cap, the leading edge of the RF Fender got pushed in, and the RF door has a dent. The wheel has some scratches, but it holds air fine and balanced out no sweat. The appraiser at the body shop even said I was the luckiest guy to hit a deer ever. Due to local hail storms, he won't go in until November 11th. 😟

I was rotating the tires on Dad's DTS, and I was using my rubber jack stand pads to protect the paint. I thought I had the jacks placed properly. Again, I thought wrong. Car slid off the stands, landing on three tires and a brake rotor in the relatively soft cul-de-sac asphalt. The Cadillac miraculously survived unscathed. The jack stands, however, did not. Dad was way more calm than I was. Weird.

Like I said, I think I need a vacation.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Spent yet another Sunday working on the Escalade... job almost complete, minus a couple of little items.

• Find/buy one valve cover bolt... how this went missing is beyond me
  • Find/buy one alternator bolt - okay maybe leaving projects to sit for weekends isn't a great idea after all...
  • Put power steering pulley back on - parts store rental tools are such garbage. The thing was stripped out.
  • Change oil
  • New coolant
  • Replace fuel pressure regulator vacuum line - dry rotted and shattered as soon as I touched it
  • Go drive.... hopefully.
As for the Vette... just washed it. Needs new sway bar links in the rear pretty badly. Probably do that this weekend along with finish the truck.

17821 - 17830 of 17830 Posts
About this Discussion
17.8K Replies
415 Participants
Stingroo