Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 17899 Posts

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets keep this a continuing, never gonna die thread.

For the Toyota truck, I changed the plugs, plug wires, distributor cap, and changed the oil in it this morning. Also ran a can of seafoam through it before I changed the plugs, gotta love that huge cloud of smoke. Love how stupid easy the 22R-E is to work on. Runs a lot smoother now, and fixed my rough idle problem.

Tomorrow I'm going to wax and detail the Cadillac. Gonna be a long ass day.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,262 Posts
68 degrees here. Got underway at 1:30 and drove down to the tip of Kent Island and back - 17 miles - to warm it up. Front end up on jackstands in the garage, change oil and filter. Check underneath for this and that. (garage concrete floor is COLD). Pour in 7.5 quarts of Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 and a prefilled WIX 51522 filter. Check for leaks and check all fluids. AOK.

Drain oil was clear dark amber. 4,500 miles. Used 20 oz. of oil over that mileage which works out to about 1 quart/6,000 miles - 11.5 months (it's been a quiet year). Took used oil up to Charlie's for his shop furnace.

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
Sweet. I just got done working on the Bricklin for the day, only to find this thread.

Today, I:

1) Installed replacement alternator.
2) Installed new thermostat.
3) All but finished the pneumatic plumbing! I now have working doors, hatch, and headlights! The air is now running on the onboard compressor and not the home compressor. The only thing left to hook up are the air latches and one regulator to keep the headlights from snapping up so violently.

The only snag came near the end of the work day - I was letting the compressor do its thing and one of the air line ruptured! I'm assuming it's only because of a wrongly installed pressure switch - the compressor should have cut off at 120 psi and the lines are rated for 150! Scared the crap out of me.

Today I probably made the most progress on the car (in one day) that I can remember. I'm back into the fray tomorrow...

·
Registered
2013 ATS Premium 3.6, 1989 Allanté
4,513 Posts
nothing today but, yesterday i had the Allante's 20's Road Force balanced

if i feel motivated enough, tonight i will finish making transmission lines for the saturn and finish putting the new radiator in.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
woke up ran a few erands Stoped for car wash cleaned out car inside checked oil added half a qt went to gas station filled her up then home

·
Registered
02 Escalade | 02 Corvette "Goldilocks" | 03 Blazer 4x4 | 92 Caprice Wagon LS1/T56
19,660 Posts
Looked at it, smelled it (doesn't everybody?)... checked my oil, put the windows down, music on blast, and drove to work with the windows down. :)

Also got a compliment from a campus security officer on my smoothie hubcaps. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2006 XJ, 2000 Eldorado ESC--total loss :(
1,180 Posts
I discovered that my water pump cover gasket is leaking... thought I smelled coolant when I got home the other day. NAPA should have my new FelPro gasket tomorrow morning, so that will be my project.

·
Registered
1975 hearse, 1976 hearse
865 Posts
At 8am on a windy cold sat morn, I've done nothing to any of them. However, Monday I intend to get the 75 hearse running and put it in the garage. Was teh 04 cavalier daily driver, and prep the 76 hearse for the road.

·
Registered
not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350
7,700 Posts
today 2-19-11

not a damm things just freaking woke up lol

how ever i am getting ready to take it out on a 400 miles run
going to detroit to visit friends then heading back to cleveland tonight

might fuel it up again depending on if i can get up to 400 miles with highway driving as long as i can disaplin myself to not race it and floor it on this trip

oh also going to pack it with 2 girls tonight head to a party in detroit

um lets see what els try to avoide pot holes
blast the radio ones i get on the highway

not sure what els

·
Registered
2000 Seville STS
985 Posts
Wash and claybar last night, took some time this afternoon to touch up all the nicks and scratches with some leftover paint. (I had traded some computer work with a client for getting my left doors and bumpers repainted. Couldn't do anything else to fix flaking clearcoat.) Going shopping for a set of used rear F45 shocks with low miles.

·
Registered
1988 Allante, 1999 Deville Concours
1,227 Posts
Replaced the batteries on both the Allante and the Bricklin.
Troubleshot the pneumatics on the Bricklin; I need a more powerful air compressor (d'oh!).
Changed the oil on the Allante, took it for a drive.
Noticed a headlight was out, bought a replacement.

·
Registered
'14 ATS Premium with 3 pedals | Past: '13 ATS Performance & '99 Seville STS
5,846 Posts
Left it to sleep in parking lot and enjoy her lazy weekend! :D

·
Registered
2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty) 1991 Miata (Dolly)
14,333 Posts
Nothing. Sabrina has been sitting in my girlfriend's driveway in Portland since Thursday night while I'm as the Chicago meet. Don't plan on driving her until tomorrow morning when I drive the 88 miles to Corvallis for the start of another work week.

But I did get her oil changed last Saturday.

1 - 20 of 17899 Posts