Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Eldorado ESC
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2001 eldorado ESC and I would like to know what it came with from the factoy is there some way to find out using the VIN. I need a drivers side door mirror but what kind??????? there has to be some way to tell what option package it cam with

thanks
larrydak

·
Registered
2005 Deville Base, 2004 Escalade AWD
275 Posts
Not sure if it will help you order a new mirror, but your RPO codes tell you what factory options your vehicle has. Look under the spare tire cover for a sticker with a string of numbers. Write them all down and then refer to the sticky at the top of the Cadillac Tech Tips forum:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-tech-tips/66257-rpo-codes.html

Some of the transcoding is a bit arcane in my opinion, but this is a good place to start. Go to a GM dealership and get an oil change or other "cheap" service and have one of the service reps pull the vehicle history using your VIN. Congrats on your purchase - folks 'round here really like pictures so when you find the time please share some with the group.

·
Registered
1992 eldorado. 2007 dodge magnum hemi r/t
3,013 Posts
I just bought a 2001 eldorado ESC and I would like to know what it came with from the factoy is there some way to find out using the VIN. I need a drivers side door mirror but what kind??????? there has to be some way to tell what option package it cam with

thanks
larrydak
I found a mirror for your car on rockauto.com,this is for the glass lens only and not the whole assembly,are you after the whole fixture or just the mirrow glass?.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts