Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a new vinyl top for my '70 SDV because my dad has a friend that might be able to do it for a low price. The car when its done being painted will be black. I was thinking black vinyl as well actually. Any colours you guys think are cool for vinyl tops?

·
Registered
Unicycle
11,009 Posts
If the car will be black, then go with a black top....

OR...

white, if you would like som contrast, that would look very nice.

What color is the interior? maybe the interior color?

I still say black or white :)

·
Registered
'93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's
4,382 Posts
If the car is black, the only sensible choice would be a black top. People do 2-shades often, but rarely, if ever, have I seen a combo that looks right.

And, in theory, while a white top on a black car might look rather unique, from a durability and ease of maintenance standpoint, forget the white.;)

·
Registered
1989 Fleetwood Brougham d'Elegance|2018 Chevy Colorado Z71
6,421 Posts
White top on a black car gives a convertable look so if you ask me either white or black are your best choices. Nothing else will look good. MAYBE tan.... but like a pale tan.... You could get away with that too. Just be careful with a white top, it will get very dirty very quickly and wil get easily stained should some bird some and drop one of those berry shits on it. Also be careful of wet leaves, they might stain too. If oyu go white, get a car cover, or a garage.

·
Registered
1991 Cadillac Brougham D'Elegance 5.7 Litre, 1994 DeVille
6,796 Posts
Black is the only colour that will look good with a black car. White vinyl tops aren't hard to keep clean. One of my cars has a white vinyl roof and I just wash it with soap and water when I wash the rest of the car and that's all it needs. It never looks dirty and it doesn't stain at all.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I never thought of black and tan, that would be pretty cool actually, Well in this case I think it'll be probably black, but I'll have to think about tan...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts