Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What color looks best to you on a 2000 or later DeVille?

• Sterling Silver

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blue Onyx

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Cotillion White

• Sable Black

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • Cashmere

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Bronzemist

• Crimson Pearl

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Thunder Gray

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • White Diamond Pearl

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, assume you're headed to the dealer this afternoon to pick out a new DeVille. What color would YOU pick?

Yeah, it's a "woman-like" question to ask, I know. Just play along, I'm interested in public perception of colors in vehicles. Is white for weenies? Is blue ghetto? Is red for the nouveau riche only?

I'm getting tired of black. Just too much work to keep it looking clean, perfect, and swirl-free. But nothing looks better when it's clean.

You can select more than one color in this poll. If you have any questions, go to www.cadillac.com and select "build your own" to see what the selections look like.

thanks for playing!

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
I'd get black! The only other color that I'd consider is White Diamond pearl.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Either black, Blue onyx, or the red that cadillac has what's the name of it like wine or champane red or something to that effect.
Dont go with the vinyl top either. In case you thought about it.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I kinda like white with tinted windows, or silver with black interior. But I see nobody's voted for them yet.

I'm still leaning towards black. But like I said, it's a bitch to keep it clean, shiny, and swirl-free.

Plus, a Caddy's surface area is probably 1.5 times larger than my little Honda. That means more work, more wax, more sore elbows, wrists, and hands.

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The so-called pink Cadillac Elvis gave to his Momma actually wasn't pink to begin with. I think I remember hearing that it was white when he gave it to her . They had it painted later.

Elvis usually drove white or gold. There's a metallic blue '76 Eldorado he used to own for sale out there, too.

·
Banned
1996 Fleetwood Brougham
7,237 Posts
Elvis said:
The so-called pink Cadillac Elvis gave to his Momma actually wasn't pink to begin with. I think I remember hearing that it was white when he gave it to her . They had it painted later.

Elvis usually drove white or gold. There's a metallic blue '76 Eldorado he used to own for sale out there, too.
Oh, that's right. It was Mary Kay who drove Pink Cadillac's. ;)

(Which are supposed to be repainted before they can be sold.)

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
White Pearl!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Katshot said:
Dude, you don't count!
Anybody who's seen your car KNOWS you're a fan of black ;)
You have NO idea:D . You should see the bikes. One was flat black the other is so black I named it nightmare;) . But I had a couple that were red/ red, black truck, and yes a pink 59. paint was shot to hell though. The next one is either gona be candy purple or flat black.

·
Banned
Cadillac
16,105 Posts
My dad just paid an EXTRA 875 dollars to special order white diamond, and it is beautiful. It can actually change colors in different light. Black, nah, shows all the dust and hides all the nice little details on a car. Black seems to make a car look smaller than it is. Lighter colors tend to hide dust, etc, except ROAD TAR, and seem to make a car look bigger than it is. Everybody has black.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V estate
1,240 Posts
I don't care how common it is, how hard to keep clean it is, how cliche it is, or how hot it is during the summertime.

Black DeVille. Black interior. Nothing looks better.

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
Jinx said:
I don't care how common it is, how hard to keep clean it is, how cliche it is, or how hot it is during the summertime.

Black DeVille. Black interior. Nothing looks better.
Nothing 'cept white diamond. :) That's my favorite Cadillac color. So elegant. So understated. Let the boy racer paint his car Black or Red, so he can look "bad".

I'd choose white diamond!

·
Registered
'05 Expedition
7,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Honda offered a very similar white diamond pearl for the prelude and accord in 2000. Tint the windows, keep it clean, and it looked great. OTOH, I saw a dirty DeVille today that was white diamond, and it looked yellow to me.

Jinx: Black isn't that common. Black isn't all that hot in the summer, either. And I agree, nothing looks better when it's clean. Unfortunately, EVERYTHING shows on black. Swirls, dust, imperfections, and worst of all, sap. Lotsa work.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts