Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got around to installing my clear fog lenses and HID fogs. Now I need to get my stock low-beams to match. Any idea what temp to go with to match these?:

The headlights are on still in this one...

Nevermind the dirty car. Despite how the weather looks in a couple pictures, its been raining nearly everyday for months. Comes out of nowhere too, so I haven't been able to give the car the good wash and wax it needs.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
whats the stats on those HID's.. What brand? What wattage? what temp..

my 55w 8k DDM Hids are pure white/blueish, they make the stock 4300k HIDs look purple

my guess is you need to go up to 6-8k to match

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V
236 Posts
where can the lowbeam HIDs be purchased?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess that info might've helped. I made this post a little fast. :) They're DDM 55 watt 12,000K. I'm thinking that 8000K might be the way to go to match based on other posts I've seen since the 55 watt makes the color close to that of a 35 watt 10,000K.

·
Registered
2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
3,012 Posts
DAMN 12K!!!! do you love the fogs? in the photos they look to blueish for me.. maybe its the parking garage.. Hids always look different in person. i didnt have the sand to go that far from stock.
well i agree based on the new info that you need to upgrade to at least a 10k DS1 bulb.(i have read the same thing about 55w kits)

Pm brent-luvmy04.. im pretty sure he is running 10k low beams to match his fogs...

Any HID DS1 bulb--temp is up to you.. you can find some cheap ones on Ebay , just do your research on the vendor and product. google the bulb and im sure you'll find info on other forums about someone using that bulb and it only lasting 10 mins... at least thats how i research ebay cheap $hit

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, they don't look as blue in person. The light from inside the car looks white though. Reminds me of the color (from inside) that my grandma's Volvo SUVthing has. Also looks similar to the LED backup lights I have. That's a picture I'll try to get, with both of those on.

·
Registered
Platinum 2004 CTS-V
4,914 Posts
Sunuva......guess I'm going with some DDM HIDs instead of my stupid blue lights...those are bright as $hit!

What's the big difference between 35w and 55w? One is more blue than the other?

Would the 4500K match the stock headlights the best?

·
Registered
2013 ATS / 2016 ATS-V
552 Posts
IM running DDM 35W 4500k They are very close to the head lights , I think the factory HL bulb is 4300k but the projector lens changes the color slightly, A 5k would be max any higher and it gets too colorful.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
DAMN 12K!!!! do you love the fogs? in the photos they look to blueish for me.. maybe its the parking garage.. Hids always look different in person. i didnt have the sand to go that far from stock.
well i agree based on the new info that you need to upgrade to at least a 10k DS1 bulb.(i have read the same thing about 55w kits)

Pm brent-luvmy04.. im pretty sure he is running 10k low beams to match his fogs...

Any HID DS1 bulb--temp is up to you.. you can find some cheap ones on Ebay , just do your research on the vendor and product. google the bulb and im sure you'll find info on other forums about someone using that bulb and it only lasting 10 mins... at least thats how i research ebay cheap
Heyo! Yeah i am running 8k fogs and 10k lows. Mine match very well but i wouldnt go any lower than 8 and would probebly go 10k to match those. But like shady said they all look different in pictures :yup:

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sunuva......guess I'm going with some DDM HIDs instead of my stupid blue lights...those are bright as !

What's the big difference between 35w and 55w? One is more blue than the other?

Would the 4500K match the stock headlights the best?
55w is brighter and will wash out some of the color. So a 8k might look more like a 6k color wise.

Heyo! Yeah i am running 8k fogs and 10k lows. Mine match very well but i wouldnt go any lower than 8 and would probebly go 10k to match those. But like shady said they all look different in pictures :yup:
Yours are 35 watt right? And they match well (I've seen a picture or two :) ). So maybe with the 55 watt washout 12k might be best?

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
55w is brighter and will wash out some of the color. So a 8k might look more like a 6k color wise.

Yours are 35 watt right? And they match well (I've seen a picture or two :) ). So maybe with the 55 watt washout 12k might be best?
Honestly its been so long ago when i bought them I dont know (they were in my 03cts first)

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess this is what they look like in daylight:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts